Our Heidelberg-based company is constantly growing. And that is why at the earliest possible date, we are looking for a
Head of Scientific Publishing (m/f)
We are offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced post-doc with a strong track record of publishing in top peer-reviewed research journals.
As a member of the Research department, you will be working closely with our Genome Informatics and Protein Bioinformatics teams and liaise with the marketing team to plan and lead projects resulting in scientific publications, conference posters, and marketing material (e.g., white papers) of outstanding quality. Ideally, you have served on several editorial boards that evaluate scientific articles and grant proposals.
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, or related field
- Proven excellence in research productivity, with numerous peer-reviewed publications and presentations
- Several years' hands-on experience with standard bioinformatics and biostatistics algorithms and databases, statistical modeling, and the analysis of protein and nucleotide sequence analysis (including but not limited to NGS, protein domains, pathways, ontologies)
- Broad hands-on experience in bioinformatics programming, including Linux, object-oriented programming (either Perl or Python) and experience with RDBMS systems (e.g., PostgreSQL)
- A strong grasp of molecular cancer biology and genetics
- Excellent project management skills to plan, lead, and drive cross-departmental projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work independently
- Dependable, project- and team-oriented, with a strong focus on collective efforts and group productivity
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Work experience in industry is considered a plus
What we offer
- A multi-faceted and demanding portfolio of tasks that require a great deal of personal responsibility
- Flat hierarchies in a dedicated and competent team
- A pleasant working environment in the heart of downtown Heidelberg
- An attractive compensation package and excellent opportunities for professional development in an international setting
Take the next step and come on board! We look forward to receiving complete applications from suitable candidates; please indicate your salary range and your earliest starting date. Contact Ms. Svetlana Renschler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Molecular Health GmbH · Human Resources · Kurfuersten-Anlage 21 · 69115 Heidelberg · www.molecularhealth.de