Head of Lab - Potency Assay Skill CenterGermany
Job ID: 1914458
Job Level: Experienced
Functional area: Research & Development
Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Use your strong background in analytical and protein chemistry to lead one of our lab teams within our Potency Assay Skill Center (PSC) within Development Biologicals in all areas of technology and management. The PSC is responsible for the assessment of the biological activity (potency) for our biopharmaceutical development projects. If you are seeking opportunities to expand your professional horizon, we would be delighted to get to know you.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role as Head of Lab, you will be the technical and managerial leader of a potency assay laboratory (Cell-based Bioassays, SPR, Binding-ELISA).
- One of your key tasks are the development and validation of state-of-the-art, reliable and robust potency assays for characterization, quality control and stability testing of biopharmaceuticals.
- You define the potency assay strategy and evaluate the structure-function relationship for biopharmaceutical products throughout the whole project life cycle.
- As part of the analytical RnD team, you will be responsible for timely release of drug product and stability testing for preclinical and clinical development.
- Furthermore, you supervise the transfer and performance of potency assays at selected contract labs and support the provision of high quality analytical submission documentation for CTAAs (Clinical Trial Authorization Application), MAAs (Marketing Authorization Application).
- Master´s degree/ PhD in Biosciences with several years’ experience in analytical technologies
- Strong scientific expertise in analytical and protein chemistry in the international pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent know-how and hands-on experience in developing and validation of cell-based bioassays and binding assays (e.g. Reportergen-, FACS-, Apoptosis-, ADCC- / CDC-Assays, ELISA- and SPR-based methods).
- Several years of leadership experience with the ability to lead, develop and motivate team members
- Knowledge in working under GMP and about current regulatory guidelines is a plus
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills in English, good German language skills with the willingness to improve it
- Flex-time and working remotely
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Healthy and well-balanced food in the canteens and for take away
- Personal Mentoring in onboarding
We look forward to receiving your online application!Contact
For further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Verena Geiger, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-175092
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 1914458