Head of Lab - Cell BiologyGermany
JOB ID: 1914156
JOB LEVEL: Experienced
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Research & Development
As Head of Laboratory, you manage a Cell Biology team of up to seven people within the group Cell Line Development. We are responsible for generation and selection of high-producing and stable mammalian production clones as key starting material for process development as well as subsequent manufacturing of clinical and commercial material for BIs biologicals portfolio.
Do you want to join our team in Biberach in our effort to make more health? We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role, you lead and develop a highly motivated Cell Biology team and supervise the lab with respect to work packages, time and budget.
- You and your team are responsible for the development of biopharmaceutical production cell lines.
- By evaluating, developing and implementing new techniques, you are responsible for maintaining and improving the group's technological level.
- By being state-of-the-art in relevant technological areas, productivity and flexibility should be increased and development timelines should be shortened.
- As part of different development project teams, you assume responsibilities for cell line development throughout the project, including support through trouble shooting activities.
- Ph.D./ Master´s degree in Biology, Biochemistry or Biotechnology
- Long-term work experience in development of recombinant cell lines for biopharmaceuticals
- Broad expertise in Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and cell culture process development
- Several years of leadership experience with the ability to lead, develop and motivate team members
- Project management skills, ideally in international project team
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in English and German
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Healthy and well-balanced food in the canteens and for take away
- Personal Mentoring in onboarding
- Competitive salary plus bonus payments
Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
ContactFor further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Verena Geiger, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-175092
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 1914156