Cardior Pharmaceuticals GmbH, a successful pharmaceutical development company and spin-off of the Hannover Medical School is focused on the development and clinical validation of novel noncoding (ncRNA) RNA therapeutics and diagnostics for patients with myocardial infarction and heart failure. Our Company in Hannover is growing rapidly, and to support our energetic team we are looking for a skilled Business Development Manager.
As Cardior’s BD manager you will design and implement a strategic business development plan and acquire and manage new relationships with international pharma/ biotech, academic and diagnostic partners. You will be responsible for conducting market researches, evaluating new IP and technological growth opportunities, negotiating licensing and other collaboration partnerships, developing commercial contractual documentation, actively support deal closing and providing professional support to the management. Become an expert on our proprietary RNA technology, lead compound and state of the art companion diagnostic approaches.
Activities and responsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement a strategic business development plan and structure.
- Identify potential pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostic and academic partners and competitors in the target market and conduct appropriate research on the prospective partners’ and competitors’ business.
- Assess business opportunities in detail, prepare financial business plans and bring them to approval by senior management.
- Initiate new relationships with prospective partners, while maintaining existing relationships.
- Analyze current lead- and pipeline development candidates with regard to profitability, competition and growth potential.
- Develop and negotiate contract terms and conditions with partners in close cooperation with the management.
- Collaborate with R&D team to ensure product specifications and projects are executed on-time and as agreed and develop IP and technological growth strategies.
- Plan and organize portfolio review meetings, workshops and project-related meetings.
Qualification profileQualifications, Skills and Experience
- PhD or Master’s degree in business administration, science, engineering or related field.
- 5 or more years of professional experience in business development or portfolio management in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Expertise in identifying sources of market and competitor insights, structuring and selecting relevant information.
- Experience in identifying and defining business opportunities, structuring and presenting complex topics and moderating creative discussions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – must be able to communicate clearly within the organization and externally with authorities, partners and investors.
- Fluent in written and spoken German and English.
- Excellent working conditions in a modern Biotech-lab.
- Versatile duties and responsibilities.
- Working in a highly motivated and experienced team.
- Salary above average pay scale.
- Long-term prospective in a dynamic, aspiring company.
Send application toBarbara Gärtner-Rupprecht
Please send your electronic application via e-mail to email@example.com.
Your information and documents will be treated strictly confidential. The purpose of this document is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.
Cardior does not accept unsolicited resumes and inquiries from 3rd party recruitment agencies.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: jvbd-5