One shared journey moves us forward. Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global BioPharma leader offering opportunities to learn and grow professionally and work alongside smart, talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients prevail over serious diseases.
Our medicines help millions of people around the world in their fight against cancer, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, rheumatoid arthritis, chronic hepatitis B. Our commitment to patients’ unmet medical needs drives innovation and pride in our record of achievement and we are recognized as having one of the most innovative pipelines in the industry with launches in Immuno-oncology and hepatitis C.
Competencies & Experience:
- University degree in (health) economics or medical/ life sciences.
- Strategic access and pricing leadership for launch/ portfolio products with in-depth expertise of Swiss access landscape and stakeholder systems on national and local levels.
- Difference making analytical skills and the ability to develop health economically/ data-driven solutions and value propositions, as well as market access or brand management experience.
BMS Behaviors required:
- Decide and act with speed and rigor: Take accountability for own performance and results. Make and act on decisions while balancing speed, quality and risk. Use input from key stakeholders and engage in constructive dialogue to make decisions. Communicate rationale and support decisions once made. Plan for contingencies and make adjustments as needed
- Connect and Collaborate: Focus on the needs and perspectives of colleagues and customers. Seek diverse viewpoints. Communicate directly, openly and honestly. Build strong relationships by being transparent, reliable, and delivering on commitments. Listen, seek to understand, and ask questions. Support fellow team members to meet shared goals
- Innovate and Improve: Learn, apply and share lessons from experience. Embrace and adapt to change. Challenge the status quo to simplify work and improve results. Seek new information and external insights to improve the company's results. Identify and take informed business risks, escalating issues if needed. Generate new ideas or alternatives that create value
- Grow and Engage: Share knowledge and learning with others. Seek and give feedback and coaching. Meet challenges with enthusiasm. Recognize other's achievements. Challenge self and others to continuously learn and improve
Access Operations Manager Specialty Care
The Access Operations Manager Specialty Care develops, champions and executes the access and pricing strategies for BMS core brands (in particular Cardiovascular), and builds compelling value propositions and stakeholder engagement models/ materials based on insights and data-driven value demonstration, for execution by field-based structures. The role acts as strategic thought leader and expert contact for all disease area/ brand-related access aspects.
Reporting to the Director Market Access, the Access Operations Manager Specialty Care will work 60% office based (Cham-Zug), 40% field based (engagement of market access stakeholders) and will have as a core objectives:
- Develop access and pricing strategies, and differentiated stakeholder engagement models and offerings that deliver the value story for BMS products and meet customer.
- Execute hospital account engagement/ co-engagement with responsible Field Access Managers and BU field operations on an as-needed basis for Cardiovascular / Pain brands.
- Maximize value capture and P&R defense with BMS’ innovative portfolio, and position BMS as leading BioPharma company to policy, access and advocacy stakeholders and in particular payers.
In order to enable success in the role, key areas of focus will include: Disease area access (intelligence and scenario planning)
- In-depth understanding and monitoring of trends in market access landscape for relevant disease area(s) on national and local levels.
- Analysis and assessment of development in treatment landscape/ therapeutic alternatives/ competitor therapies for disease area and relevant indications, and conclusion to opportunities/ implications for BMS.
- Initiation and execution of ‘insights tours’ in collaboration with MA/ BU/ Regulatory, to inform brand access/ pricing strategy and dossier development.
Brand access/pricing strategy and value messaging
- Formulation and management of brand access and pricing strategies that drive highest value capture and P&R defense for BMS brands on both national and local level.
- Ongoing monitoring of price development for relevant markets/ competitors/ therapeutic alternatives in relevant disease areas/ indications.
- Collection and analysis of data (health outcomes, health economics, budget impact etc.) and transfer into meaningful datasets and models.
Stakeholder engagement (strategy and support)
- Development, prioritization and management of stakeholder engagement and communication plans for relevant disease areas/ brands.
- Monitoring and national/ local access positioning profile for BMS brands in the competitive environment along the brand life cycle.
- Development/ local adaptation of compelling information and communication materials for stakeholder engagement by Field Access and BU/ Medical.
Hospital engagement (and listings support)
- Target stakeholders: hospital pharmacists/ listing influencers (in collaboration with BU Sales/ Medical).
- Engagement/ co-engagement of hospital accounts to achieve/ re-confirm listings for relevant brands (CV, Pain).
- Preparation of value argumentation and materials to support listing-oriented engagement with relevant hospital stakeholders.
Leadership and collaboration
- Communicate a compelling vision of disease area/ brand access scenario, BMS strategies and success factors for value capture/ P&R defense.
- Ensure alignment and quality reviews for deliverables and stakeholder engagement materials with MA/ BU/ Medical.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial behavior and take responsibility for access/ pricing strategy, brand value proposition and stakeholder engagement strategies, and hold other BMS units/ functions accountable for their contribution/ delivery and execution.
Portfolio and disease area (expertise)
- Exhibit a best-in-class level of product, franchise and indication know-how (including relevant competitor products).
- Continuously develop products and indications know-how via trainings, literature research and BMS-internal collaboration.
Please apply online at: www.b-ms.de/careers