Head of Process Development - Virus production
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and creative
Head of Process Development
Virus production, upstream and downstream processing
Your key tasks include:
- Implement and validate cGMP compatible production and downstream processing of virus-based biologics from eukaryotic cell based fermentation though downstream steps like tangential flow filtration, chromatographic methods etc. to formulation.
- Transfer process and technologies from benchtop to pilot scale and finally to contract manufacturing organization (CMO), including counseling and guiding such CMO.
- Design, develop, characterize and validate analytical and quantification methods, e.g., cell based-assays, qPCR.
- Document and maintain corresponding SOPs and batch-specifications. Write project plans and sound scientific reports.
- Work in close collaboration with other team members and external partners.
- Supervise and train technical staff (currently two).
Your ideal qualification:
- PhD in Biotechnology, Bioengineering, or equivalent, with at least 3 years of industry experience.
- Profound expertise in cell-based manufacturing systems as well as downstream processing steps, methods and equipment. Special knowledge in ÄKTA system chromatography is an asset.
- Project management experience in a cGMP regulated environment is a strong plus.
- You work proactively with a hands-on approach in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- You are a strong team player with excellent communication skills and willing to work in a company where own initiatives, empowering combined with accountability is highly supported.
- The position requires excellent English communication skills, both spoken and written.
- You will have the responsibility to transition the production of our first biologic product from benchtop manufacturing through pilot scale GMP production to final manufacturing at a CMO. For that you have a small team and access to all other talent in the company you need.
- This position is remunerated with a combination of fixed salary, bonus and equity. Our candidate of choice will convince us that a base annual salary of 50.000 Euro is not enough.
ViraTherapeutics is based in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work.
Please contact: ViraTherapeutics GmbH, Frau Verena Hausen, Exlgasse 20a, 6020 Innsbruck, Austria
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: RSVM2910
Frau Verena Hausen
Frau Verena Hausen
About ViraTherapeutics GmbH
ViraTherapeutics GmbH is a privately held biopharmaceutical company that is developing promising innovative virus-based immunotherapeutics for the treatment of cancer. ViraT was founded in 2013 as a spin-out of the Medical University of Innsbruck, (Austria), by Prof. Dr. Dorothee von Laer, head of the Virology Division at the University. ViraT develops oncolytic cancer vaccines based on a...More about ViraTherapeutics GmbH