One shared journey moves us forward.
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a BioPharma leader offering opportunities to learn and grow professionally, working alongside smart, talented colleagues who are committed to helping patients prevail over serious diseases.
Our medicines help millions of people around the world in their fight against cancer, heart disease, HIV/AIDS, and rheumatoid arthritis.
Empowered to apply our individual talents and ideas so that we can learn and grow together, driven to make a difference, from innovative research to hands-on community support, Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Training Manager (TM)
The TM will work with Marketing, Sales Management, Worldwide Design & Development and various matrix teams to collaborate and implement key learning initiatives that support the local market’s business objectives. Reporting to the Director Sales Learning large or medium Markets and dotted line to the Director Business Operations CH-AT, the Training Manager will work 100% office based in our offices in Cham (Zug) or Vienna (Austria).
Competencies & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in science or similar required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in German is required, French – preferred.
- Minimum four years of sales experience with a strong sales and behavioral performance history.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles and learning design.
- Training experience required.
- Communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as effective facilitation and presentation skills.
- Proven project management experience.
- Ability to prioritize, manage and execute on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel minimum 20% of the time.
Areas of focus will include:
- Lead the delivery and delivery of training initiatives, including disease state/clinical/product knowledge, selling skills, field coaching and leadership development.
- Manage the training component for Sales meetings; including design, development of content, execution and evaluation.
- Collaborate on key product launch initiatives with the internal team including Worldwide Design & Development, Worldwide Sales Learning colleagues, Marketing, Sales Management, and matrix partners, along with any appropriate external co-promotion partners.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of initial and advanced training curricula for field representatives and FLMs.
- Support the local training content approval process in accordance with company police.
- Ensure appropriate tracking and documentation of learning in accordance with company policy and local regulation.
- Co-ordinate training delivery with external partners as needed.
- Manages a department including, budgeting and resource allocation based on market needs.
- Manage learning needs in a single market.
- Ensure ongoing analysis of field training needs based on current and future requirements of the business and changing internal/external environment.
- Contract with the HR L&D Department to align Field Force training initiatives with HR strategy and objectives.
- Develop and monitor metrics to evaluate the success of training and meeting interventions and contract on an ongoing basis with BUDs to ensure delivery meets business needs.
- Achieve specific goals and objectives while simultaneously managing training responsibilities.