Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
Information Analyst - Biochemistry/Molecular Biology
Functional area:Research & Development
You use internal and external data sources to develop and execute strategies and prepare data for business relevant decisions.
With your expertise, you can play an active part of the success story of Boehringer Ingelheim at our site in Biberach.
Tasks & responsibilities
- With your comprehensive experience, you develop and execute strategies to localize, search, acquire and prepare scientific and patent relevant data from internal and external data sources.
- By using your intellectual skills, you analyze the acquired data and support our patent attorneys as well as the research & development department.
- With your knowledge and communication skills, you present the acquired information as basis for relevant business decisions.
- Furthermore, you evaluate, select, and where necessary develop technologies and systems to ensure a further progression of the information services.
- In this role, you are the internal scientific contact person for the business area of biochemical, molecular biological and bio sequence search and analysis.
- Academic degree (PhD preferred) in biochemistry, molecular biology or similar scientific Areas
- Fundamental, apt knowledge of current information technology
- Extensive experience in working with sequence databases, e.g. Geneseq, online database searches (STN, Questel), proprietary database systems (GenomeQuest, Scifinder) and the analysis of results is mandatory
- Knowledge in R&D relevant areas and in patent law in the field of pharmaceuticals would be a plus
- Fundamental, apt knowledge of current information Technology
- Very good analytical skills and combinatorial intellectual capacity
- Autonomous, flexible, goal- and strategy oriented ability to work
- Good compatibility of work and private life
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training Options
- Healthy and well-balanced food in the canteens and for take away
- Laundry Service
ContactFor further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-186083
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 198304