PhD Position in Clp-mediated regulatory proteolysis in bacteria (extended application period)
PhD Position in Clp-mediated regulatory proteolysis in bacteria
The department Regulation in Infection Biology (Prof. Emmanuelle Charpentier) at the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research in Braunschweig (Germany) is offering a PhD Position to investigate regulatory mechanisms of Clp-mediated protein quality control including proteolysis in Gram-positive bacterial pathogens.
Area of research
The Helmholtz department “Regulation in Infection Biology” studies molecular and cellular mechanisms of regulation in processes of infection and immunity in Gram-positive bacterial pathogens. The group has recently focused on mechanisms involving Clp-mediated protein quality control, toxin-antitoxins systems and RNA regulatory elements.
- Master’s Degree/Diploma in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Microbiology, Immunology or related fields.
- Former experience in protein biochemistry, bacteriology, molecular biology and genetics will be considered as an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and as part of international and multidisciplinary consortia.
- Ability to multi-task and to meet tight deadlines is essential.
- Ability to work in a highly competitive field of research.
- A strong desire to do research with high self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- Excellent organization skills and personal initiative.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and spoken).
Equal Opportunities are part of our personnel policy – qualified women are especially invited to apply. Qualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
Location Braunschweig (Germany)
Starting date Early 2015 - Initial contract for 3 years
Probation period 6 months
Salary TVöD E13 (65%)
Closing date 18.02.2015 - extended application period!
Please submit your application in our online application tool at https://hzi.opencampus.net/ (after registration choose “Application HZI Jobs” and select job number 86/2014).
Within the online application, you have to provide a complete curriculum vitae including a list of publications and academic references, as well as a motivation letter outlining briefly your research experience, motivation in the position and own scientific interests within the context of the announced research topic. All documents and information should be provided in English.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 86/2014
You are encouraged to contact directly the Department Head. For questions regarding offered PhD projects, please contact Prof. Charpentier under: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung. Wir konzentrieren uns auf Bakterien, die medizinisch relevant sind oder als Modell für die Erforschung von Infektionsmechanismen genutzt werden. Mit unserer Arbeit leisten wir einen nachhaltigen Beitrag für die Gesundheitsvorsorge.More about Helmholtz-Zentrum für Infektionsforschung GmbH