We are currently expanding our bioinformatics team and are seeking a qualified and motivated Bioinformatician (PostDoc) at the earliest possible date.
You will analyze complex data sets in the area of single cell diagnostics to address different biomedical issues. In close contact with biomedical groups you will develop and implement new analytical processes to analyze high-throughput data. In particular, the major focus of the work will be on the adaptation of existing software routines in conjunction with biostatistical analysis to build up a data analysis pipeline for array CGH, gene expression microarray data and next generation sequencing applications.
What we expect
* You hold a Ph.D. or equivalent experience in Bioinformatics, computational biology or a related field or a PhD in molecular biology with a main focus on Bioinformatics and/or Biostatistics
* You have demonstrated skills in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Perl, Python, C++, R
* You have pertinent experience in Linux and in shell scripting
* You feel comfortable with dealing with a variety of data types and have a solid understanding of statistics for biology
* You are a team player with good oral and written communication skills
* You have general knowledge of NGS and/or microarray data analysis
This would be an asset
* Demonstrated skills in RNA-seq, WES, WGS and/or array-CGH
* Experience with relational databases (Postgres, MySQL)
* Experience with working on deadlines and being involved simultaneously in multiple projects
What we offer
We are offering an interesting environment in an innovative area of biomedical research and the opportunity to participate in the establishment of a centre for single cell genomics together with the Chair of Experimental Medicine and Therapy Research. The position offers ample career perspectives in basic and translational research.
Employment, compensation and social benefits comply with the “Collective Labor Agreement of the Civil Service” (E13). The position is initially limited to 2 years, but excellent work can lead to an extended employmentQualified applicants with a disability will be given preference.
Equal opportunities are part of our personnel policy.
pdf via email
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: ITEM-R-BI2015
Experimental Medicine and Therapy Research and
Fraunhofer Project Group ITEM-R
Prof. Dr. Christoph Klein
Telefon +49 941 944-6720
Fax +49 941 944-6719
Fax +49 941 298480-10
Email: Stefanie.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
About Fraunhofer ITEM
Die Projektgruppe »Personalisierte Tumortherapie« in Regensburg ist eine Initiative der Universität Regensburg, der Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft und des Bayerischen Wirtschaftsministeriums. Arbeits-und Forschungsschwerpunkt in Regensburg ist die Erforschung der Metastasierung von soliden Tumoren und die Entwicklung neuer diagnostischer Tests und Therapieverfahren für die...More about Fraunhofer ITEM