Scientific Project Manager (Infection Biology)
The Department „Regulation in Infection Biology“
headed by Max Planck Director Prof. Emmanuelle Charpentier is seeking a
Scientific Project Manager
for a full-time employment (39 hours/week) of initially 1 year.
- Management and maintaining databases for lab protocols, biological materials and lab documents
- Developing and establishing tools for the handling, storage and preservation of scientific data
- Creation and management of scientific publication libraries
- Standard organizational support of the scientific work flow and teaching activities within the department
- Support in the organization of conferences, workshops, seminars and meetings
- Support in daily scientific business
- Support in the preparation of reports by providing graphical and written help
- Support of administrative work
- PhD in Biochemistry, Genetics, Immunology, Microbiology and/or Molecular Biology
- A proven record of successful publications in highly respected international scientific journals
- An international post-doctoral experience abroad is considered as an advantage
- Expertise in scientific coordination is considered an advantage
- Excellent competence in software applications (office, database manager, reference and bibliography manager)
- An indispensable requirement for the candidate is to speak and write in excellent English and German
- Profound interest in the research topics of the Department (for more information visit http://www.mpiib-berlin.mpg.de/research/regulation_in_infection_biology/research)
- Friendly disposition, confident and responsible work ethics
- Working independently and as part of an international team
- Openness and interest in learning new tasks, ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organisational skills, ability for structured work and taking personal initiatives
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic to work in a competitive, dynamic, stimulating and interacting international scientific environment focusing on basic biological research
According to the training, qualifications and professional experience, the remuneration can be up to EG 13 TVöD. The benefits correspond to the regulations of the public service. The position is available at the earliest possible date.
If required, part-time work can be considered for this position.
The Max Planck Society is committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
Applications will be accepted exclusively via our online application portal. If you are interested, please follow the link and upload your full application in English until June 20th, 2016: https://recruitingapp-5133.de.umantis.com/Vacancies/324/Application/New/2?lang=eng
Online application portal
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 324
About Max-Planck-Institut für Infektionsbiologie
Infektionskrankheiten sind auch weiterhin Haupttodesursache weltweit. Fast ein Drittel aller durch Infektionskrankheiten verursachten Todesfälle werden von den ''Großen Drei'', AIDS, Malaria und Tuberkulose hervorgerufen. Andererseits treten in jüngster Zeit neue Krankheitserreger in Erscheinung, deren immense soziomedizinische Bedeutung bereits gesichert (z. B.Helicobacter)...More about Max-Planck-Institut für Infektionsbiologie