___The University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz has more than 60 clinics, institutes and departments making it the only facility of its kind in Rhineland-Palatinate. For our more than 7000 employees, healthcare, research and teaching are intrinsically linked.
The Institute of Pathology invites applications for a
Post-doctoral Researcher (m/f) Reference 473/16-V
The position will be available from June 1, 2016 with an initial limited contract of 2 years.
The project (DFG STR 1160/1-2) focusses on the metabolic basis of chronic liver diseases and liver tumorigenesis. Our group unraveled an important role of lipid droplet-associated proteins in steatosis, steatohepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma. We aim to further understand the molecular mechanism of neoplastic steatogenesis, and validate lipid droplet-associated proteins as therapeutic targets in chronic liver disease and hepatocarcinogenesis.
- Organization and establishment of mouse models, cell culture techniques and cooperative studies
- Write manuscripts as well as grant proposals
- Instruct technicians, PhD and MD students in the team
- PhD in Biology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry
- At least one first-authored manuscript in a top-tier journal
- Strong background in animal housing and mouse models (FELASA B required), molecular biology (cloning; gene knock-down techniques; mRNA/protein quantification), eukaryotic cell culture, protein biochemistry (immunoblot, immunoprecipitation), and microscopy techniques (fluorescence microscopy, laser scanning microscopy, life cell imaging).
- Excellent German and English language skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent infrastructure with a superb working environment in which you have great opportunities to develop your ideas and accomplish your scientific goals in an international research group
- Participation in workshops and conferences, possibility to habilitate
- Option of extension of contract
- Competitive salary (E13) and health care benefits according to the company-based tariff agreement
- Child care (conditional on places available)
- Job ticket for public transport
For further information on the research project, please contact Univ-Prof. Dr. med. Beate Straub, phone: 06131/17-7307,
Closing date: June 06, 2016
Send your application,
including cover letter and CV, and referring to job opening 473/16-V
(only by e-mail, ideally as a single PDF file)
The University Medical Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Universitätsmedizin der Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Servicecenter Personal und Recht – Recruiting Büro
55131 Mainz, Germany