PhD position in Cancer Immunology
Job vacancy for a PhD position in Cancer Immunology
A doctoral position is available in the laboratory of Prof. U. Sahin (M.D.), at TRON (Translational Oncology at the University Medical Center of the Johannes Gutenberg University; not-for-profit research institute) Mainz, Germany. The PhD project aims to study the modulation of anti-tumoral immune response mediated by RNA vaccination in combination with local radiotherapy and chemotherapy in mouse models of cancer for the design of clinical protocols.
Research activity will include:
- The establishment of new experimental approaches to drive anti-tumoral immune response and antigen specific T cell response induced by combining RNA vaccination with local radiotherapy and/ or chemotherapy in murine tumor models
- The establishment and development of immunological assays to characterize in vitro and in vivo the immune response induced in mice by combination therapies
- Characterization of the tumor environment during combination therapies with several experimental approaches (flow cytometry, immunofluorescence, protein expression as well as gene expression profile)
- Conscientious use of the irradiator (X-RAD 320, PXi) and chemotherapeutic agents and for combinatorial anti-tumoral treatments
- The extensive methodological and preclinical experience in the team covering the therapeutic manipulation and the tumor environment characterization of several tumor models in mice
- The access to state-of-the-art laboratories and core facilities will be part of a stimulating and vibrant academic environment
- The close contact with the Translational Animal Research Center (TARC) of the Johannes Gutenberg-University Mainz.
- The TRON international PhD program
- Degree in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or medicine (MSc or diploma)
- First experience to handle small animals and/ or FELASA B would be a plus
- Experience in flow-cytometry and immunological assays is preferred
- High dedication and working independent as well as in a team with a high level of productivity for innovative/creative discoveries are highly preferred
- High motivation, conscientious and keen to learn new techniques
- Fluent in English and - if possible - German
We look forward to your application.
Please send your application (PDF document, max. 2 MB) to Kerstin Lehrbach (email@example.com) and write ‘PHD VAC’ in the email ‘Subject’ line.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: PHD VAC
About TRON -Translationale Onkologie an der Universitätsmedizin der JGU Mainz gemeinnützige GmbH
TRON gGmbH – Translational Oncology at the Medical Center of the University Mainz – is a growing biopharmaceutical non-profit organization developing highly innovative technologies to address unmet medical needs in the field of cancer diagnostics and therapeutics. TRON is located in Mainz, Germany and is strongly connected to national and international collaborators from both academia and...More about TRON -Translationale Onkologie an der Universitätsmedizin der JGU Mainz gemeinnützige GmbH