Cardior Pharmaceuticals GmbH, a successful aspiring pharmaceutical development company and spin-off of the Hannover Medical School is focused on the development and clinical validation of novel noncoding RNA (ncRNA) therapeutics and diagnostics for patients with myocardial infarction and heart failure.
We are seeking an experienced Research Scientist in the fields of cardiovascular biology and pharmacology. We offer the opportunity to join our research team for the preclinical development of novel ncRNA based therapeutics. The research area will be interdisciplinary, covering areas of cell biology, pharmacology, toxicology with focus on oligonucleotide drug development.
Activities and responsibilitiesDuties and Responsibilities
- Planning, design, execution and documentation of cell biology and pharmacology experiments for preclinical evaluation of ncRNA based drug candidates.
- Characterization of in vitro activity of drug candidates in models of heart failure by using genetic, molecular, biochemical, functional and imaging methods.
- Provide support for in vivo efficacy studies.
- Summarize results and present findings at company level and at scientific meetings.
- Prepare lab documentations, protocols and reports.
- Publish results in top-tier journals.
Qualification profileQualifications, Skills and Experience
- Academic degree (PhD preferred) in cell biology, pharmacology or cardiovascular areas.
- Expertise in the area of cardiovascular disease, non-coding RNAs and drug development.
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience preferably in GLP-environment.
- Detailed knowledge and hands on experience of modern molecular biology techniques, in particular, nucleic acid purification and RNA analytical techniques.
- Must be fluent in written and spoken German and English.
- Being a team player with strong motivation and interpersonal skills, and ability to work independently.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- training, qualifications and/or relevant experience in drug development area.
- Industry experience is a plus.
- Excellent and flexible working conditions.
- Versatile duties and responsibilities.
- Working in a highly motivated and experienced team.
- Publishing in high ranking journals.
- Participation in scientific meetings.
- Salary above average academic pay scale.
- Long-term prospective in a dynamic, aspiring company.
Send application toBarbara Gärtner-Rupprecht
Please send your electronic application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your information and documents will be treated strictly confidential. The purpose of this document is to describe the representative responsibilities and general level of complexity and it is not a substitute for the specific job description of the individual position.
Cardior does not accept unsolicited resumes and inquiries from 3rd party recruitment agencies.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: jvr-2