We offer a structured doctoral qualification within the research field of the RTG 1743 “Genes, Environment and Inflammation”, starting October 1st 2018. To this end, the interrelations between the environment and genetic factors have still not been well understood. Our results will help to define novel pathophysiological trigger factors and aid in the development of innovative therapeutic approaches.
- work on an exciting scientific research project within the research field of the RTG
“Genes, Environment and Inflammation” – using experimental and real clinical data,
- research stay at an external partner laboratory, tutorials, soft skill courses.
- a salary for each position at 65% of a full position on TV-L 13, based on a fixed-term contract until September 30th 2021, starting date: October 1st 2018, employer: University Hospital Schleswig-Holstein, UKSH
- exceptional technical infrastructure (next generation sequencing instruments, high throughput computing clusters, for example at the “Center of Molecular Biosciences” (ZMB),
- network of scientists and clinicians of various institutes at both Kiel and Lübeck University, see also Cluster of Excellence “Inflammation at Interfaces,
- structured supervision by two supervisors from different fields and possibility to get advice from other members of the group, and
- regular meetings with the group, field-specific trainings according to individual needs, soft skills courses.
The Kiel and Lübeck Universities are located directly at the Baltic Sea and therefore offer a bundle of opportunities for water sports and other recreational activities after intense research.
The UKSH has been certified as a family-friendly institution and is committed to further improve the compatibility of work and family life. The University supports the employment of disabled persons. Persons with disabilities will, with appropriate qualifications and aptitudes, be employed preferentially. The UKSH has set the goal to reach professional equality between men and women.
Ms Zell (E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) looks forward to speaking with you about further details concerning the position. Excellent English skills are required.
The application deadline is April 11th 2018.
We look forward to your online application ( https://ikmb-applications.uni-kiel.de/?a=1 ). Please register before delivering your application. Only online applications which meet the requirements (see application form) will be taken into consideration.
Send application to