Job vacancy for a bioinformatician
TRON (http://www.tron-mainz.de/) is a growing biopharmaceutical organization seeking to diagnosis and treat unmet medical needs through innovative biomarkers and immunotherapies. TRON is located in Mainz, Germany; has strong connections to the University of Mainz and local start-up companies; and is developing novel platforms for therapies and biomarkers. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues, develop and expand your career, be on the cutting-edge of science, and help treat disease.
TRON is expanding a multidisciplinary department with experience in biostatistics, genomics, bioinformatics, biotechnology, next-generation sequencing (NGS), immunology, and molecular biology. We are searching for a bioinformatician to focus on web development and database implementation/management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create and administrate web-based sample and project knowledge management platforms
- Design and maintain database systems
EXPERIENCE & QUALITIFCATIONS
- Experience in programming (preferably R / Perl / Python / Java)
- Experience with database design, programming and management (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience working in a Linux and Windows environment (user and administrator)
- Self-starter who works effectively in an agile start-up environment
- Enthusiastic team player
- Experience with common bioinformatics software tools to process sequence data
- Use of high-performance computer clusters and cloud computing
- Experience analyzing genomic data
- Degree in bioinformatics or related field
TRON is an equal opportunity employer. To apply, please email a single PDF (max. 2 MB) including a cover letter, CV, and certificates, quoting ‘WebDev bioinformatician’ to Kerstin Lehrbach (email@example.com).
We look forward to your application.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: WebDev bioinformatician
About TRON -Translationale Onkologie an der Universitätsmedizin der JGU Mainz gemeinnützige GmbH
TRON gGmbH – Translational Oncology at the Medical Center of the University Mainz – is a growing biopharmaceutical non-profit organization developing highly innovative technologies to address unmet medical needs in the field of cancer diagnostics and therapeutics. TRON is located in Mainz, Germany and is strongly connected to national and international collaborators from both academia and...More about TRON -Translationale Onkologie an der Universitätsmedizin der JGU Mainz gemeinnützige GmbH