As a modern maximum-care hospital with a capacity of approximately 1,540 beds, the University Hospital of Cologne is dedicated to the practice of innovative academic medical excellence. At the Faculty of Medicine 1,800 scientists are engaged in research, ranging from basic sciences to clinical application, as well as teaching and health care. Together with the University Hospital Cologne the faculty maintains 58 clinics, research institutes and centres. 3,400 students study in this dynamic and innovative environment. The Faculty of Medicine and the University Hospital Cologne are embedded in the scientifically highly active Rhine region. They have strong contacts to and alliances with the surrounding universities and non-university research institutions guaranteeing scientific excellence in research and teaching.
The “Cluster of Excellence on Cellular Stress Responses in Aging-Associated Diseases" (CECAD) is seeking applications for a full-time
The contract is limited until 31.12.2025 for a thrid-party-funded position to the Law (WissZeitVG).
The mission of CECAD is to unravel common molecular mechanisms underlying life span regulation and aging-associated diseases. The research at CECAD heavily relies on high-throughput molecular profiling using state-of-the-art transcriptomics, metabolomics, lipidomics, and proteomics techniques. The successful candidate will be an expert in metabolomics and / or lipidomics and will closely collaborate with CECAD researchers and the CECAD core facilities for lipidomics / metabolomics and bioinformatics.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development, implementation and application of workflows for data processing and statistical analysis of large scale metabolomics / lipidomics data sets
- Development and application of bioinformatic tools for the visualization of metabolomics / lipidomics data, biological network modeling and pathway mapping
- Development and maintenance of a web-based portal for sample submission, project and data management
- Collaborating with the users of the facility and providing support in the bioinformatic interpretation of metabolomics / lipidomics data
- Maintenance of the facility’s computer equipment
Your qualifications are:
- Diploma, master or doctorate degree (PhD) in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, or closely related area
- 1 - 3 years of working experience with analytics of mass spectrometry-based data
- Strong experience with various statistical methods
- Solid knowledge in programming languages (e.g. R, Python, C++, Perl)
- Proactive and service-oriented team player with excellent communication and writing skills
- A varied work with in an international, multidisciplinary and innovative environment
- The project uses a broad spectrum of state-of-the-art methods and the excellent infrastructure of the technology platforms of the CECAD cluster of excellence
- You benefit from numerous university offers such as opportunities for further education and health promotion and the participation in the Job Ticket
Further information is available on the internet here.
Your salary will be based on TV-L.
Applications from female candidates are expressly welcome and will be given priority in the event of equal suitability, competence and professional performance.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply and will be treated preferentially in the event of equal suitability and qualification.
The position is suitable for staffing with part-time employees.
Please address email enquiries to Dr. Susanne Brodesser at email@example.com
Please send your application (with a detailed curriculum vitae, list of publications, two references and a short presentation of your research interests) via the online portal.
We prefer online applications, but you also have the opportunity to apply via regular mail by
23 august 2020 quoting the reference number 00001858 to