Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel pharmaceuticals with operational sites in Europe and the US. The company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative drugs into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge-base for the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, oncology, inflammation, and metabolic diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise, the company intends to develop best-in-class differentiated therapeutics and deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Our subsidiary in Goettingen, Germany, has years of expertise in the development of innovative treatment opportunities for metabolic diseases, diabetes, liver, gastrointestinal and kidney diseases.
The in vivo Pharmacology department is looking for a highly motivated and dedicated
Research Scientist (f/m/d) – ex vivo/in vivo Pharmacology
Full time and permanent
to join an interdisciplinary team of pharmacologists, biologists and chemists in collaborative projects in the field of inflammatory, immune and fibrotic diseases.
Your key responsibilities
- Refine existing models, implement new ex vivo and in vivo models in the area of fibrotic diseases, and serve as “model representative” both on the scientific and technical level
- Evaluate drug targets in the area of fibrotic diseases by using relevant ex vivo and preclinical models
- Serve as project representative and responsible in vivo scientist for specific drug targets within a program and/or standalone studies requested by clients
- Work both hands-on in the laboratory and train, supervise and develop colleagues
- Manage research assistants and provide them with scientific and technical support
- Your role includes experimental planning, interpretation of results and proposal of new experimental directions
- Collaborate with colleagues from bioinformatics and the in vitro disease biology teams
- Communicate findings and present results internally and externally to clients
- You have completed your Ph.D. in Life Sciences or similar with substantial hands-on experience in ex vivo and in in vivo methods
- Scientific knowledge and several years of practical experience in the area of inflammatory and/or immune and/or fibrotic diseases biology
- Experience in the area of drug discovery and/or target ID is a plus
- You are a team worker: collaborative, helpful and reliable
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff, collaborators and customers
- Fluent in English, knowledge of German is a plus
- Positive attitude and willingness to come up with ideas for improvement
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Company pension scheme, holiday pay and annual bonus payments as well as flexible working hours
To apply, please click on the "Apply now" button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter, including the earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are looking forward to get to know you and to your application.
Evotec International GmbH · Human Resources · Marie-Curie-Straße 7 · 37079 Göttingen
For further information, please visit our homepage: www.evotec.com