Experimental and Translational Ophthalmology at the Eye Clinic Mainz focuses on the analysis of various components in the pathogenesis of glaucoma (glaucoma) and other eye diseases with a view to developing new diagnostic and therapeutic options. We use the latest techniques for protein analysis in serum and eye fluids, such as conventional proteomics (2D and 1D electrophoresis), mass spectrometry, antigen/antibody microarrays and lateral flow assays for diagnostics.
Activities and responsibilities
As soon as possible we are looking for Master students (m/f/d) in bioengineering or related fields who are interested in a Master thesis on the development of lateral flow assays, also called immunochromatographic assays.
- You have successfully completed a Bachelor's degree in Natural Sciences (bioengineering or related fields) and are looking for a Master's thesis.
- You have a good technical understanding and a strong interest in this field and ideally have knowledge of immunology, in particular antigen-antibody reaction.
- You are interested in the establishment and further development of methods, are highly motivated and able to develop new approaches to state-of-the-art equipment independently and problem-oriented.
- You are able to work in a team, but at the same time you are also responsible for your own work.
- You also have a sufficiently good command of English.
We offer a modern laboratory with all necessary equipment, as well as a good support and training within our interdisciplinary working group and a collegial environment.
Send application toProf. Dr. Dr. F. Grus
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: Master_LFT_2020