Head of High Throughput BiologyGermany
JOB ID: 1914725
JOB LEVEL: Experienced
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Research & Development
Apply your passion. Lead experienced scientists. Grow people.Take advantage of your experience, establish agile Research strategies, and actively shape a sustainable Research project pipeline to assure long-term profitability of a globally leading and family-owned pharmaceutical company.
As senior drug discovery expert, you combine a strong pharma industry background with scientific expertise in in vitro pharmacology. In addition, you are a creative driver of change, experienced in the development of the highly automated lab of the future employing cutting-edge technologies and taking advantage of smart digital solutions.
As Head of High Throughput Biology within Discovery Research Germany in Biberach, you will lead a group of more than 30 scientists actively contributing to the discovery of breakthrough therapies that ultimately improves the quality of human life.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As senior leader you develop a high performance HT Biology group, providing scientific and strategic direction and grow our people.
- You are an in vitro pharmacology expert capable to contribute to the design and execution of our global NCE finding strategies for novel therapeutic concepts employing cutting-edge HTS technologies.
- Your experience ensures the discovery of high quality starting points and its efficient optimization towards clinical candidates for our global Therapeutic Areas network.
- Your breadth of experience in drug discovery focuses teams on important issues to establish and employ physiologically most relevant assays that best translate into the human in vivo disease state.
- You effectively manage the interface between different Research functions of all Boehringer Ingelheim NCE Research Therapeutic Areas.
- Besides your scientific in vitro pharmacology expertise, you have been recognized in developing visionary industry 4.0 solutions to establish world leading finding & profiling laboratories.
- Moreover, you have a strong scientific record with a global network to the academic and pharma industry screening and profiling community.
- Doctoral degree in natural science or equivalent, with several years of professional experience leading leaders in pharma industry and coaching in vitro pharmacology scientific experts in an highly innovative and international environment
- Thorough track record to advance early Research projects to late stage preclinical development
- Profound knowledge in the area of utilizing highly automated technologies to support efficient advancement of drug discovery programs and sound expertise employing smart digital solutions
- Result oriented, self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and entrepreneurial skills
- Ability to lead, encourage and grow a team with intercultural competences and sound track record of collaboration
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Healthy and well-balanced food in the canteens and for take away
- Personal Mentoring in onboarding
- Competitive salary plus bonus payments
Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
ContactFor further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mr. Artur Reich, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-175904
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 1914725