About PMI/RWTH: Medical imaging has a key role in the field of diagnostics, interventions, therapy planning and therapy response assessment. The department of Physics in Molecular Imaging system (PMI) of the faculties of physics and of medicine of the University RWTH Aachen are conducting EU, BMBF, DFG, and industry-funded research to understand, to optimize, to combine and to invent new methods and technologies for the field of medical imaging. The team consist of 1 MD, 5 Postdocs, 10 Ph.D.-, and several Master-, Bachelor- and HiWi-students. Research and development topics are along the entire imaging chain, starting from fundamental physics, new detector and processing concepts for Positron Emission Tomography (PET), new Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) methods and correction technologies, Magnetic Particle Imaging (MPI) physics and instrumentation, and novel quantitative image reconstruction algorithms. In 2012 PMI has jointly developed with leading partners from academia and industry in Aachen the world’s first simultaneous PET-MRI system based on digital silicon photomultiplier. The developed technology will be commercialized in a start-up company.
Activities and responsibilitiesAbout the Position: The new group member should be highly motivated, creative, and capable to define and shape our future FPGA readout system architecture for the area of Medical Imaging, in particular for Positron Emission Tomography. We are seeking for a person who enjoys working in a team and who enjoys developing FPGA-based systems on our designed readout electronics.
- team-oriented work
- University degree in electrical engineering or physics, also with PhD
- experience with the creation of Intellectual Property
- VHDL knowledge and FPGA development experience of at least two years
- Commissioning and working with FPGA-based custom boards
- Knowledge of Xilinx FPGAs (Series 7), the Xilinx Vivado workflow, Mentor ModelSim Simulator and Mentor HDL-Designer
- handling logic analyzers and oscilloscopes for debugging FPGA designs on our custom boards
- experience in communication between FPGAs and FPGA-external components (e.g., high-speed Gbit communication, DACs/ADCs/sensor control via SPI, I2C, or other communication protocols)
- documenting the work
- interest in continuing the work in the start-up company
BenefitsThe salary corresponds to level 13 TV-L
Send application toIn order to apply, please submit a complete application, code-no: GB-P-14276 , consisting of a cover letter, your CV, university transcripts as a PDF file until 06.ö01.2019 ( via email to Prof. Dr.-Ing. Volkmar Schulz (firstname.lastname@example.org) with “pmi-fpga” in the subject line.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 14276