Principal Scientist - Process Development (m/f/d)AGC Biologics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Asahi Glass Company (AGC), is one of the industry leading CDMOs in reliability, technical excellence, and quality — Right and On Time. AGC is a $12B Japaneseowned and publicly traded company based in Tokyo with over 50,000 employees in 30 countries.
With facilities in the USA, Japan, Denmark and Germany, AGC Biologics provides fully integrated biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing solutions to clients globally. The Company has proven expertise in delivering custom solutions for the scale-up and cGMP manufacture of protein-based therapeutics for pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial production.
AGC Biologics is experiencing growth in customer base and revenue, expanding personnel, development and manufacturing capacity as well as distinguishing itself in the market with unique technology offerings for clients.
Job Summary:AGC Biologics GmbH in Heidelberg, Germany is currently looking for a Principal Scientist in the Process Development department, to grow the business activities in the area of Gene Therapy CDMO services. The ideal candidate will be responsible for a growing team of scientists and technicians and reports directly to the Head of Process Development.
- Bring in scientifc know-how, experience and network contacts in the field of Gene Therapy
- Prepare application oriented publications and presentations for strengthening the business presence of AGC Biologics in the field of Gene Therapy
- Support to grow the process development team, invest in additional laboratory space and technical equipment for virus production in mammalian hosts
- Support the AGC Biologics Management in planning and growing the Gene Therapy business
- Monitor trends in Gene Therapy Technology and derive impact for AGC Biologics
- PhD & PostDoc in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetic Engineering or related discipline
- Scientist in Biotech/Pharmaceutical Industry > 10 years work experience
- Expertise in analytical methods used in the characterization of biological products
- Knowledge and experience with viral vector physicochemical properties
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative technologies
- Proven record of successfully transferring DS processes to CMOs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English & German (optional)
Join an international and agile organizationAGC Biologics offers a dynamic working place with good opportunities of working with a varied array of tasks and challenges. You will get insight into and experience with the way the various departments throughout a contract manufacturing organization interact in order to achieve success. Exciting and challenging assignments will constantly come your way, and you will to a large extent be able to plan your daily work yourself. AGC Biologics offers an informal working environment, where humor is part of the daily work life. We respect each other and our individual differences. AGC Biologic’s employees have a flexible attitude and we help each other to reach deadlines together as one team. Send your application using the APPLY bottom below (please note, only applications received through the APPLY bottom will be processed) as soon as possible and not later than November 30th 2019. We process the applications as we receive them, and qualified applicants can expect to be interviewed before the deadline. For further information regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Mario Kraft, Head Process Development or Dieter Kramer, Managing Director Site Heidelberg.
We look forward to hearing from you.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector