Research Assistant Position (m/f/d) in Neuroscience
About BioMed X
The BioMed X Innovation Center is an exciting collaboration model at the interface between academia and industry. At our center, distinguished early career scientists recruited from all over the world are working jointly on novel pre-clinical research projects in the fields of biomedicine, molecular biology, cell biology, and diagnostics. These interdisciplinary project teams are conducting groundbreaking biomedical research in an open innovation lab facility on the campus of the University of Heidelberg, under the guidance of experienced mentors from academia and industry while expanding their scientific network.
What we are looking forA Reseach Assistant position in neuroscience is available in the team of Early Intervention in Psychiatric Diseases (EPD), led by Dr. Ebru Ercan-Herbst, at the BioMed X Innovation Center in Heidelberg. The main aim of the group is to understand myelination deficits in Schizophrenia by using disease model systems such as human iPSC-derived neurons and oligodendrocytes and mouse models.
We are looking for highly enthusiastic researchers to broaden our think-tank with her/his intellectual power and technical excellence. The ideal candidate would have a Master degree or several years of experience in cell biology, neurobiology or biochemistry and experience on working with mouse models.
- Hands-on experience with eukaryotic cell culture techniques, with preference on isolation of primary mouse cells.
- Experience with tissue sectioning, immunohistochemistry and fluorescence microscopy.
- Holding a FELASA B certificate (or EU Function A and D or any equivalent certificate) is a plus.
- Very good work organizational skills, including lab maintenance and management.
- Independent thinking.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Experience on working in interdisciplinary teams.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
Candidates are requested to submit
- 1-page cover letter explaining the reasons of interest to join our team
- Curriculum Vitae outlining scientific interests, research achievements, publications, future personal goals and extra-scientific passions
- Contact information of 2 referees.
What we offerThe position is available as of Feb 1 st, 2020 and is offered for a limited term until Dec 31st, 2023.
BioMed X is a multidisciplinary and international research institution with a very collegial and flexible working environment. As part of the remuneration package we offer a competitive salary, access to training and lecture courses in house as well as in neighboring research institutions on the Life Science Campus in Heidelberg. Team recognition events, such as our annual two-day retreat, joint luncheons and after work events, a Summer and a Christmas party are just some of the other perks our fellows enjoy.
The position is sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim.
ContactPlease submit your application via our online application system: https://apply.bio.mx/job/2019-J11 and to the attention of Dr. Ebru Ercan-Herbst until December 20th, 2019
Dr. Ebru Ercan-Herbst
BioMed X Innovation Center
Im Neuenheimer Feld 515
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector