HR Manager, International (m/f/d)Penzberg, Germany / Job ID 2018-0357
Foundation Medicine is a company that is dedicated to a transformation in cancer care, with a culture fueled by an amazing, passionate group of people committed to the idea of putting patients first and making a difference. At FMI, our dedicated and passionate HR team paves the way for the organization to own the culture, live true to our values, and drive execution on our vision of transforming cancer care. We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to engage with our leaders and teams to ensure that we provide a best-in-class employee experience.
Our company is growing due to our successes; as such, we have added a new role as an HR Manager, International, directly supporting all people-related activities for our Penzberg, Germany lab. As an HR Manager, it will be your job to own all facets of HR management, including implementing the HR strategy and integrated talent plan, providing direct recruiting support for international roles, and management of daily HR Operations tasks and processes. As a conduit between our headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts, you’ll act as a steward for the FMI culture, as well as ensure that all employees are able to bring their best to the job every day.
Primary Skills and Responsibilities:
- Build strong relationships within the business and the HR team to further your ability to support the Penzberg site and its employees.
- Maintain a strategic view with a focus on the global Operations organization and partner with Cambridge-based HR Business Partner, Talent Acquisition, and HR Operations teams to ensure consistency in delivery and to holistically support the mission of the team.
- Champion and steward FMI's unique culture, assisting employees and leaders in the implementation and interpretation of HR practices, policies, and procedures.
- Display subject matter expertise in managing performance and employee relations, conflict resolution, and general employment law.
- In coordination with the Talent Acquisition team, act as Talent Acquisition partner for the Penzberg site, leading workforce planning efforts, understanding the local talent market, identifying key talent to bring into the organization.
- Be the trusted point of contact for day-to-day support on key operational components of HR, including employee record maintenance, completing employee transactions, onboarding and offboarding employees, and international mobility management.
- Partner with Total Rewards and Learning & Talent teams to ensure smooth deployment of programs and initiatives.
- Work closely with HR Business Partner team to facilitate annual processes, including performance reviews, goal-setting, promotions, compensation planning, talent review and succession planning.
- Look for new and innovative ways to partner with our colleagues at the Roche Penzberg site in order to provide world-class HR support and resources in all facets of HR.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A well-rounded HR skill set, facilitating the ability to move across subject areas with ease.
- Desire to learn and grow within your role. Our Penzberg lab is poised for substantial growth, and we are looking for individuals who are ready to grow alongside it.
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity and shifting priorities; the ability to adapt to a fast-paced, rapidly-growing and innovative business.
- A shared passion for FMI's mission of transforming cancer care.
- Strong business acumen and working knowledge of most, if not all, human resources disciplines; including but not limited total rewards, HR systems, talent/performance management, employee engagement, reward and recognition principles and employment law.
- You’ll need to be a people-person with strong relationship-building and communication skills, including excellent verbal and written skills. Able to work independently as well as collaborate with employees at all levels in different teams is a MUST!
- A desire to learn and develop – providing not only tactical support – but also developing your strategic leadership and consulting skills
How to Apply:Please send your application documents by e-mail to email@example.com
Who should I contact if I have any questions?Contact: Dr. Vera Grossmann E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.foundationmedicine.com
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 2018-0357