Jennewein Biotechnologie GmbH is a global enterprise in the production of rare functional sugars for applications in nutritional, pharmaceutical, and cosmetic products. The core competence of the company is industrial biotechnology with a strong scientific foundation. Our ambition is the benefit for people and their health and wellbeing through our products.
Scientist (Ph.D. or MSc) for Microbiome research and systems biology (m/f/x)
Your Duties and responsibilities
- Identify and highlight new scientific trends in human microbiome research
- Develop new projects initiating internal and external capabilities for applications in gut microbiome
- Manage research and development programs in-house and with external partners
- Establish and develop new analysis strategies in areas such as statistical or systems genetics or NGS, transcriptomics or proteomics. You combine these methods with network biology on large integrated datasets
- Design and create data analyses approaches and pipelines
- Establish databases to merge experimental results and database information (Sequencing, Proteomics, Transcriptomics, Kinetics, …).
- Supports scientific communication (presentations, publication etc.)
What you’ll need:
- Highly motivated scientist with academic degree (Ph.D. or MSc.) in microbiology, biology, bioinformatics, nutritional sciences or related fields
- At least 3 years of experience in the field of microbiome research, preferred in human microbiome
- Execellent skills in next generation sequencing (NGS) library preparation, metagenomic approaches
- Deep knowledge in bioinformatics and computational biology, you have strong experience with Matlab, Biopyton, Bioperl, R/Bioconductor/Shiny, or related programming language
- Excellent organization, communication, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, challenging, and diverse environment
- Characterized by innovative thinking and problem solving
- Interest in nurition and medical applications
Send application toInterested in working at one of Europe’s most driving biotech companies? Then send your application including cover letter, CV, your most important publications (maximum 3) and references as well as your salary expectation to: email@example.com.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector