Doctoral Researcher Position: Stepwise virulence regulation in Candida albicans
The International Leibniz Research School (ILRS Jena) gives doctoral researchers the possibility to prepare for their PhD exam in an ambitious program providing excellent research conditions.
We invite applications for a Doctoral Researcher Position (Ref.No. ILRS_08/2015)
Stepwise virulence regulation in Candida albicans
- a Master’s degree (or equivalent allowing you to pursue a PhD degree) in Natural or Life Sciences. Research at ILRS is centred around “Microbial and Biomolecular Interactions”. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- high motivation and interest to join one of the research areas of ILRS
- creativity and interest in shaping your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality with enthusiasm for actively participating in our lively community
- very good communication skills in English
- experience in molecular biology, infection biology or cell biology are advantageous
- a top-level research environment
- efficient supervision by a team of advisors
- a comprehensive mentoring program (cf. Program of Study)
- courses in state-of-the-art technologies and soft skills
- strong communication and interaction between the involved institutions
- Jena – City of Science: innovative business activities, successful scientific centres and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Prof. Dr. Oliver Kurzai, PI, email@example.com
Dr. Christine Vogler, ILRS Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
The application process is handled exclusively online. Please acquaint yourself with the scientific projects offered on our website and thoroughly follow the instructions for the online application process:
Deadline for application: November 17, 2015.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a recruitment meeting in Jena (envisaged date: Jan 13-15, 2016).
Online application at https://www.uni-jena.de/jsmc_online_application/
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: ILRS_08/2015
About International Leibniz Research School for Microbial and Biomolecular Interactions
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology - Hans Knöll Institute - in cooperation with the Friedrich-Schiller-University and the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology are offering an international graduate program. The International Leibniz Research School (ILRS Jena) gives doctoral researchers the possibility to prepare for their PhD exam in an...More about International Leibniz Research School for Microbial and Biomolecular Interactions