We offer one project for Master Student in the Laboratory of Lymphocyte Signaling and Oncoproteome at the University of Cologne Excellence Cluster on Stress Responses in Aging-Associated Diseases (CECAD), the University Hospital Cologne. Our main research focus is the aberrant intermolecular signaling mechanisms inside B- and T-lymphocytes that cause uncontrolled autonomous cell proliferation and subsequently a tumor development. The TCL1 proto-oncogene plays a central role in the establishment and progression of a malignant clone in a spectrum of B- and T-cell tumors. Recently it has been recognized that TCL1 can bind to several epigenetic modifiers. The proposed project will tackle the epigenetic downstream effector proteins of TCL1 mediating it’s oncogenic effect in B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL). The experimental approaches will equally include molecular and cell biology methods (cell culture, immunohistochemistry, flow cytometry, etc.)
Activities and responsibilitiesThe person will be responsible for conducting the experiments, presentation of his/her data at seminars, preparation of Master thesis.
Qualification profileWe require:
- Highly motivated students holding a B.Sc. or equivalent degree in Cell/Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field
- Positive attitude, creativity, and willingness to work
- Experience in basic lab techniques (RNA, DNA isolation, cell culture, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Exel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent commands of spoken and written English
We offerWe offer:
- A well-designed project at the interface between Molecular biology and Translational medicine
- An outstanding international research environment
- Excellent infrastructure for training and research in facilities with state-of-the-art technologies
- Educational lectures and seminars as well as extensive method courses and soft skill workshops completely conducted in English
- Intensive technical support and daily supervision
Send application toPlease send your CV and description of your lab experience as 1 pdf file to PD Dr. Marco Herling (email@example.com) or to Dr. Elena Vasyutina (firstname.lastname@example.org).
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: EV2019