There are fully funded PhD positions in bioinformatics available at the International Max Planck Research School for Biology And Computation (IMPRS-BAC) in Berlin, Germany, starting in 2019.
Activities and responsibilitiesWe are looking for outstanding graduates from all over the world - whether you have a degree in biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, computer science, mathematics or something related, as long as you have a passion for working at the interface of biology and computation, this may be the place for you. Come and join our international community in Berlin, Germany, and work on an exciting research project in any of our areas of interest: epigenetics, developmental biology, mathematical modeling, biological sequence analysis, mechanobiology, stem cells and differentiation, statistics, molecular evolution and many more.
- a master's or comparable degree in a relevant subject, awarded by October 2019;
- some experience with computational or biological research;
- knowledge in biology or computation with a willingness to gain the other;
- very good written and spoken English;
- a project proposal that matches one of our PI's research interests
- cutting-edge research in a variety of areas in biology and computation
- 3 years' funding to work on your PhD
- a degree from the Freie Universität Berlin
- excellent supervision through a thesis advisory committee
- a flexible and challenging curriculum of scientific and transferable skills
- the opportunity for travel to present your work
- an international program in one of Europe's most exciting cities
Send application toContact the program coordinator (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector