Scientific consultant (f/m) with extraordinary English and German writing abilities
For the expansion of our research coordination team we are looking for a highly committed
Scientific consultant (f/m)
with extraordinary English and German writing abilities
for two years initially (full time employment).
We expect an individual with research experience and a strong interest in the development of research strategies, science policies and network building. The successful candidate will have an excellent scientific writing style in particular in English and the ability to adapt to different target audiences. She/he will compose original texts, edit texts of other authors and create graphic illustrations and presentations. Excellent communication with scientists from different disciplines is crucial.
The successful candidate will be hosted at the Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology and report directly to Prof. Axel Brakhage, director of the institute and chair for Microbiology and Molecular Biology at the Friedrich Schiller University Jena.
- Research, write, edit and proof copy to the highest standard (scientific and grammatical) for a full range of communications materials including scientific reports, evaluation documents and grant proposals, press releases, minutes, speeches and multimedia items
- Supporting the Microbiology community in Jena in the strategic development of the research field
- Provide direction for the development of creative designs
- Develop and implement project schedules
- Support the delivery of scientific meetings including pre-meeting and on-site activities, preparation of content, faculty and speakers
- Education to PhD level in life sciences
- Excellent communication and writing skills in both English and German
- Experience in scientific writing and science communication
- Ability to create clear and visually appealing presentations and demonstration of creativity in the production of engaging communication materials
- Good knowledge of the German research and university system and its funding bodies
- Experience in the coordination and management of collaborative research projects is of Advantage
- An integrative, team-minded personality with good inter-personal and presentation skills
- Excellent project/time management and organisational skills, flexibility and ability to bring deadline-driven work to completion
- Attention to detail in style/consistency, grammar, syntax, scientific accuracy, layout and design
- Experience abroad is desired
- Willingness to further academic qualification
- A responsible position within a highly motivated team at an internationally renowned research Institution
- A multifaceted and complex research environment with an open atmosphere, state of the art equipment and strong interdisciplinary collaborations
- A close collaboration of university and extra university research institutions and their management boards
Dr. Michael Ramm | +49 3641 532 1011 | email@example.com
We prefer applications in electronic form. Complete applications should include the addresses of two possible referees, and should be submitted until June 17th, 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copy applications can be sent to Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Dezernat für Personalangelegenheiten, Fürstengraben 1; 07743 Jena, Germany refering to job posting 73/2016.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 73/2016
Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Dezernat für Personalangelegenheiten, Fürstengraben 1, 07743 Jena, Germany
About Leibniz-Institut für Naturstoff-Forschung und Infektionsbiologie
The Leibniz-Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology (HKI) identifies and investigates natural products produced by microorganisms, mainly fungi, to understand their role as mediators of biological communication and to use them for the elucidation of cellular processes. Furthermore, scientists at the Institute are interested in understanding the pathobiology of...More about Leibniz-Institut für Naturstoff-Forschung und Infektionsbiologie