We are looking for a Technical Sales Consultant – Biotechnology for the Benelux Region!You would be responsible for selling Biotechnology products as assigned in the territory, acquiring and analyzing sales and market information, assisting in promotion efforts, advising management on market and sales strategies, and other job related duties as assigned.
LI-COR Biosciences is a global leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of high quality, innovative instruments, software, reagents, and integrated systems for plant biology, biotechnology, drug discovery, and environmental research.
Primary research areas include: Co²/H²O/CH4 Analysis, Leaf Area Meters, Light Measurement, Photosynthesis, Soil CO² Flux, Undergraduate Education in Environmental and Biological Science, DNA Analysis, In Vivo Imaging, Molecular Imaging, Western Blot Analysis.
More than 30,000 customers in more than 100 countries use LI-COR instruments.
The headquarters is in Lincoln Nebraska (USA) with Subsidiaries in Bad Homburg (Germany) and Cambridge (United Kingdom). We also have distributors who sell our products worldwide.
- Actively sell LI-COR Biotechnology products in territory.
- Generate new potential sales leads from existing contacts and customer contacts.
- Evaluate and recommend where product demonstrations should be done, arrange logistics, and assist in doing product demonstrations.
- Conduct technical seminars and product demonstrations as appropriate to assist/supplement FAS role.
- Represent LI-COR at exhibitions and conferences and where necessary give presentations.
- Maintain consistent customer contact for on-going sales of reagents, consumables, service contracts, additional equipment, as well as finding new sales prospects from existing users.
- Assist in follow-up of existing users to assure a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Acquire and provide market information to management, including information about customer needs, their suggestions for product improvements, new product ideas, user problems, competition, etc.
- Analyze current sales and future sales potential in territory and develop a sales plan to maximize the market potential. Recommend goals for sales and market share.
- Provide regular reports to management of sales activities, status of sales leads, and projected sales.
- Acquire and maintain technical and other skills necessary to perform job function.
- May require up to 50% travel or more in assigned territory, working from a home office.
- MS or BS in biology or related field with a minimum of 3 years lab bench experience in a research laboratory.
- 3+ years of proven successful field sales experience in high end capital equipment to life science and drug discovery researchers in academic and biotech/pharmaceutical companies.
- 3+ years direct experience preferred in selling products for applications in protein expression and/or image analysis.
- Familiarity with key customer accounts in the region.
- Extensive knowledge of Proteomics research, techniques, and applications.
- Proficiency in presenting technical seminars and instrument demonstrations.
- Proficiency in organizing time and territory activities in order to efficiently maximize sales results.
We look forward to receiving your application stating your salary expectations and your start date.
LI-COR Biosciences GmbH
61352 Bad Homburg
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector