PerkinElmer LAS (Germany) GmbH Germany (Home office based with some travel within North Germany and Poland)
PerkinElmer enables scientists, researchers and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. With a mission focused on innovating for a healthier world, we deliver unique solutions to serve the diagnostics, life sciences, food and applied markets. We strategically partner with customers to enable earlier and more accurate insights supported by deep market knowledge and technical expertise. Our dedicated team of 12,500 employees worldwide is passionate about helping customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the wellbeing and longevity of people globally. The Company reported revenue of approximately $2.8 billion in 2018, serves customers in more than 150 countries, and is a component of the S&P 500 index.
Sales Leader Applied & Food (m/f/d)
- Location: Germany (Home office based with some travel within North Germany and Poland)
- Reports To: Sales Leader DACHP
PurposeAccountable for delivering the sales targets and providing sales execution management within the Applied and Food business areas. Works with the Sales Leadership Team to develop the sales team towards ambitious revenue goals, driving growth, profitability and market share gains consistent with PerkinElmer’s AOP/business goals.
- Provide support to the strategy set by the GROWTH function, actively participating in generating ideas for value positioning
- Drives the Sales organization to provide innovative sales solutions, focusing on the value driven by breakthrough solutions with new Applications, Software and Services through the engagement of SME – Subject Matter Experts
- Focused on PerkinElmer market share gains in alignment with business goals and identified end-markets.
- Provides direction on direct / indirect sales channels.
- Ensures that the sales strategy supports margingrowth for further business investments.
- Owns the Sales Revenue Target Achievement and is accountable for the assigned annual operating plan (AOP)
- Accountable for the sales strategy and execution. Plans, develops and maintains the Sales organization and leadership, ensuring that all business lines are adequately focused on their sales execution plan, but at the same time network and share to generate internal synergies.
- Develops a sales business plan to deliver the sales AOP.
- Supports the development of the sales organization and clearly defines all the resource requirements.
- Identifies important market/product/customer opportunities for growth.
- Targets key customer relationships to develop.
- Drives improvements in customer experience.
- Leads Sales organizational efficiencies, focusing on business development activities, where to appropriately focus resource/time to maximize revenue growth and enhance margins across the PerkinElmer portfolio.
- Communicates and supports sales targets and metrics and provides constant feedback on sales results.
- Manages Union Agreements for Sales Plans where necessary.
- Provides guidance and approvals where business escalation is required.
- Ensures the adoption of corporate sales tools and methodologies. Develops Team growth tactics - market share, sales, orders, margin, customer satisfaction, accounts penetration plan.
- Promotes full cooperation between Account Managers, Field Application Specialists (FAS) and Service for a unique customer experience.
Forecasting and SFDC:
- Responsible for providing accurate forecast reports using SalesForce.com (SFDC).
- Ensures that sales team members and team leaders are providing timely forecasts and that all customer information and pipeline evolution in SFDC is updated according to PerkinElmer’s processes and timelines
- Analyzes SFDC Win, Lost and Abandoned opportunities and reports suggestions for continuous business analysis and improvement
- Provides monthly business review reports to the Regional Sales Leader
- Is a role-model for professional behaviors, focusing on continuous development and the achievement of bold corporate goals.
- Fosters active collaboration and positive communication between teams, challenging them to deliver constant value to internal and external customers.
- Drives people development in line with organizational design and business goals, focusing on excellence and "can-do" attitude.
- Enhances the talent culture, based on recognized competencies and tangible results. Drives effective succession plans providing relevant opportunities for development within the organization.
- Generates a solid professional network within the organization and with key customers at national and international level. Is highly recognized within the professional environment for their personal standing and professional competencies
- Experience in Sales of Instruments in Food/Environmental Science/Life Science/Diagnostics is mandatory
- Experience in managing a sales team is mandatory
- Bachelor’s Degree or above, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master/PhD degree is a plus
- Professional and Ethical attitude, with high Integrity
- Possess excellent leadership skills, proactive mindset with strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Strong global, multi-cultural leadership. Foster collaboration and teamwork in a complex, fast-paced, changing environment to deliver value-added results to the organization
- Prepare and manage a realistic growth AOP / budget
- Commercial acumen to help with market, product, customer strategy as well as selling skills in product line marketspace with relevant experience
- Effective knowledge of PKI products, services and end-market strategies as well as of selling tools (competitor’s and market knowledge are critical)
- Open to change and new information; adapt behavior and work methods in response to new information and changing conditions
Your advantages with us:
- Cooperative and diverse environment
- Individual programs for your personal & professional development as well as career opportunities
- A demanding, varied job in a globally successful technology company
Interested?We look forward to receiving your online application( CV, cover letter, certificates) under https://jobs.perkinelmer.com , JR-010624
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: JR-010624