Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel pharmaceuticals with operational sites in Europe and the US. The company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative drugs into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge-base for the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, oncology, inflammation, and metabolic diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise, the company intends to develop best-in-class differentiated therapeutics and deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
At our subsidiary in Goettingen, the bioinformatics team is looking for a dedicated and professional
Full time and permanent
with a keen interest in software development and applying state of the art bioinformatics to target id and drug discovery.
Your key responsibilities
- Develop and implement algorithms and methods for data analysis in the framework of our in-house data analysis platform
- Improve data processing capabilities with novel tools and extend them toward additional omics data types
- Support life science researchers in interdisciplinary project teams in various research areas with Bioinformatics and data analysis expertise
Your ideal qualifications
- Master’s degree or PhD in (Applied) Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or a related discipline
- Strong programming skills in least one programming language and experience in programming R and a keen interest in building complex software platforms
- Proficiency in working with bioinformatics tools in the field of next-generation sequencing or other high-throughput methods
- Experiences in working with and maintaining Linux systems under DevOps principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital-forming benefits, holiday pay and annual bonus payment depending on performance
We are looking forward to get to know you and to your application documents (CV and cover letter, including the earliest possible start date and salary requirements).
Evotec International GmbH · Human Resources · Marie-Curie-Str. 7 · 37079 Göttingen
For further information, please visit our homepage: www.evotec.com