- Assess, qualify, and capture the clinical and molecular knowledge around the relationship between patient/tumor genotypes and responsiveness to drug treatments.
- Extract and analyze key clinical parameters from the scientific text-mined literature information to populate the contents of a novel drug response database.
- Collaborate with internal/external experts to review and extend the existing clinical content contained within this database and act as an internal consultant for our biomedical data.
- Describe the biological effects of genomic variants and the association with disease, using ontologies and controlled vocabularies.
- Utilize an advanced data curation infrastructure to interpret, understand, and summarize the key clinical and molecular parameters from peer-reviewed biomedical literature.
- Contribute to the further development of specialized dictionaries for use in the text-mining of clinical literature.
- Feel inspired by the challenge of building a knowledge infrastructure that will ultimately help physicians to choose the right treatments, in the right combination for each and every patient.
- Ph.D./Master’s degree in biological sciences, biochemistry or genetics, with basic understanding of genomics and gene sequencing.
- 5+ years research experience in a laboratory setting.
- Previous experience in oncology, cancer biology, clinical trials, and outcome metrics is a plus.
- Exquisite attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- An interest in recent advances in cancer treatments, diagnostics, and biology.
- The position offers significant opportunity for personal development in the revolutionary area of personalized medicine.
- A varied, demanding scope of responsibility requiring a high level of autonomy.
- Flat hierarchies and a motivated, skilled team.
- A comfortable work environment located in the center of Heidelberg.
- Competitive salary package and excellent opportunities for development in an international company.
Molecular Health GmbH · Human Resources · Kurfuersten-Anlage 21 · 69115 Heidelberg · www.molecularhealth.de