Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel pharmaceuticals with operational sites in Europe and the US. The company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative drugs into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge-base for the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, oncology, inflammation, and metabolic diseases. Leveraging these skills and expertise, the company intends to develop best-in-class differentiated therapeutics and deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Evotec’s headquarters in Hamburg (Germany) is seeking highly motivated and dedicated laboratory technician with practical experience and understanding of biochemical protein quantification and characterization methods relevant to small molecule drug discovery and development against neurodegenerative diseases.
(Senior) Research Assistant Demyelination and Rare Diseases (f/m/d)
Full time and permanent
Your key responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of image-based screening assays using primary cells or IPSC-derived neurons, oligodendrocytes and/or microglia for identification of novel compound hits against neuroinflammatory diseases
- Contribute to the development of translational assays for driving small molecule development towards the clinic
- Develop and implement biochemical or immunoassays in microtiter plate format on various technology platforms
- Perform cellular, molecular biology and biochemical laboratory experiments
- Manage project demands ensuring quality and timely delivery of data
- Plan, analyze and record experiments independently in electronic notebook
Your ideal qualifications
- MSc. or BSc. or “Laborant/in” or “Technische/r Assistent/in” in the Life Sciences. Work experience in neurodegeneration research, preferably in a Pharma, Biotech, or a CRO setting, would be a plus
- Experience with standard molecular and biochemical protein techniques such as transient transfections in cell lines, qPCR, SDS-Page, etc.
- Substantial hands-on experience and understanding of immunoassay technologies (e.g. ELISA, MSD, Singulex, hTRF, Western blotting) is a plus
- Dynamic personality with high levels of drive, enthusiasm and commitment and ability to cope with pressure
- Excellent team spirit and capability of working with a wide degree of autonomy and independence
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team
- Fluency in written and spoken English, German advantageous
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital forming benefits, flexible working hours, holiday pay, and annual bonus depending on performance
We are looking forward to get to know you and to your application documents (CV and cover letter, including the earliest possible start date and salary requirements).
Evotec SE · Human Resources · Essener Bogen 7 · 22419 Hamburg
For further information, please visit our homepage: www.evotec.com