PD Lab Technician (m/f/d)AGC Biologics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Asahi Glass Company (AGC), is one of the industry leading CDMOs in reliability, technical excellence, and quality — Right and On Time. AGC is a $12B Japanese-owned and publicly traded company based in Tokyo with over 50,000 employees in 30 countries.
With facilities in the USA, Japan, Denmark and Germany, AGC Biologics provides fully integrated biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing solutions to clients globally. The Company has proven expertise in delivering custom solutions for the scale-up and cGMP manufacture of protein-based therapeutics for pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial production.
AGC Biologics is experiencing growth in customer base and revenue, expanding personnel, development and manufacturing capacity as well as distinguishing itself in the market with unique technology offerings for clients.
Job Summary:AGC Biologics GmbH is currently looking for a Lab Technician to join the Process Development (PD) Team in Heidelberg. The ideal candidate has technical skills on industry level and knowledge in plasmid DNA (pDNA) production.
This position is the initial contact for all laboratory and PD related issues &/or questions. The PD Lab Technician oversees the PD laboratory area(s) that include maintaining equipment and ensuring proper upkeep for analytical instrumentation. The PD Lab Technician keeps reagents stocked, supplies stocked, and practices good housekeeping. The PD Lab Technician performs laboratory-related transactions.
You will work on exciting and challenging topics together with a team in an ultra-modern, innovative and creative environment. Intensive on-the-job training with expert colleagues guarantees you will quickly become familiar with your duties and perform them independently. Performance related pay and the opportunity for personal and professional development are of course part of the package.
- Assisting lab work and report this to the PD representative and team leaders
- Assisting the fermentation team for recombinant production in bacteria and yeast
- Assisting the purification team for isolation of recombinant products
- Assisting the analytical development team for establishment of relevant analytical methods
- Maintain proficiency in all required QC tests and operation of laboratory equipment
- Prepare and standardize reagents
- Ensure data is entered into Lab books in a timely manner
- Keep the lab clean and stocked
- Continue to work on improving accuracy of laboratory testing methods
- Participate in audits to maintain compliance
- Prepare buffers and provide attention to FPLC and HPLC systems
- Calibrate/verify equipment as needed
- Audit aspects of the lab to ensure that procedures are properly followed
- Provide support to the Plant Operators, Management and Plant when needed
- Conduct/assist in lab training of Production Operators
- Degree in BTA, PTA, chemical technician or related discipline with minimum of >3 years direct or equivalent experience (experiences in PD are strongly preferred)
- Ideally, familiar with pDNA production and technical skills on industry level
- Knowledge of analytical instrumentation and techniques; good lab practices; strong math skills
- Process, chemistry and statistics knowledge preferred
- Computer literate (e.g. Microsoft Office)
Join an international and agile organizationAGC Biologics offers a dynamic working place with good opportunities of working with a varied array of tasks and challenges. You will get insight into and experience with the way the various departments throughout a contract manufacturing organization interact in order to achieve success. Exciting and challenging assignments will constantly come your way, and you will to a large extent be able to plan your daily work yourself. AGC Biologics offers an informal working environment, where humor is part of the daily work life. We respect each other and our individual differences. AGC Biologic’s employees have a flexible attitude and we help each other to reach deadlines together as one team.
Send your application using the APPLY button below as soon as possible and not later than November 30th 2019 (please note, only applications received through the APPLY button will be processed). We process the applications as we receive them, and qualified applicants can expect to be interviewed before the deadline. For further information regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Mario Kraft, Head Process Development, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
AGC Biologics GmbH
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector