is a joint venture between QIAGEN and Biotype Diagnostic. At its headquarter in Dresden-Hellerau, this innovative biotechnology enterprise coordinates the development and distribution of molecular diagnostic products on the basis of multiplex PCR technologies for use in health care. The aim of the company is to develop and commercialize diagnostic assays.
To enhance our team, we are currently looking for an
Laboratory Technician/ Engineer (m/f)
- Your interesting field of duty consists of 50% lab assistant support for our molecular biology lab and 50% field technical support.
- You are responsible for processing material from various sources for diagnostic testing in an accurate and timely manner following established protocols and protocols under development.
- Furthermore you provide front line support (phone, e-mail, remote log in, etc.), including but not limited to diagnostics, solution plans, training and customer facing communication.
- The technical support will be performed in close collaboration with the senior service group located in Boston.
- Occasional travel within the DACH region for technical support is part of your job.
- Medical Laboratory Technician, Laboratory Assistant or Bachelor's degree in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology.
- 1+ years of experience in applying molecular biology tests (including RT-PCR, qPCR, capillary electrophoreses) ideally in a diagnostic environment.
- A strong technical interest in experimenting, testing, diagnosing and troubleshooting complex instrumentation.
- Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English and excellent communication skills.
- Competent handling of the MS Office applications.
- Ability to work independently, well-structured, customer- and result-oriented plus a hands-on mentality.
- Strong intercultural competencies and a team player attitude.