Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
Head of Laboratory - Cell CultureGermany
We want to create value through innovation with you.
Leading and developing a laboratory with scientists and technical assistants, you apply state of the art technologies to develop mammalian cell line-, cell culture- and fermentation-processes.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role you are responsible for the development of economic and robust cell lines and cell culture processes from cell thaw to harvest for therapeutic proteins and monoclonal antibodies by applying state of the art Technologies.
- As Head of Lab, you manage the team in a matrix concept and secure a permanent development of your team and the individual team member (Talent management).
- It is your task to represent the Cell Culture group as a project team member in cross-functional project teams and in exchanges with customers.
- You identify and establish state -of-the-art technologies for cell-line, cell culture and fermentation applications. Apart from that, your assure Compliance with regulatory authorities, you provide input with regulatory dossiers (including cross-functional support for Cell Culture Sections S.2.3.1 and S.2.5) and GMP requirements, safety at work (EHS) and for customers visits.
- You secure an effective development of biopharmaceuticals by driving decisions with international internal and external partners as well as with regulatory authorities.
- PhD or Master´s Degree e. g. in bioengineering, biotechnology, cell biology or bioinformatics with several years of relevant industrial Background
- Strong Management and leadership competences to develop a group with highly motivated scientist and technical assistant
- Experience in the field of upstream development / cell line development
- Knowledge in digitalization approaches is a plus
- Strong commination and negotiation skills, interpersonal sensitivity with the ability to motivate and develop employees
- Strategic thinking person with business and customer orientation
- Experience in an international work environment
- Fluent in English and basic language skills in German
- Flex-time and working remotely
- Healthy and well-balanced food in the canteens and for take away
- Counselling services for all stages in life
- Car Pool platform
ContactFor further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Melanie Hensler, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-186083
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 197559