Scientist - Combination Product Process Development
JOB ID: 1915087
JOB LEVEL: Experienced
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Research & Development
You hold a master´s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, Process Engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology or a comparable qualification? You are highly motivated and you would like to utilize your experience in the design and development of medical devices/combination products (CPs) and their related manufacturing processes?
If so, take the chance to become a Scientist within Combination Product & Process Development Group (CPPD) at Boehringer Ingelheim and be responsible for exploring new device landscapes within the lab for Combination Product Process Engineering of new technologies.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role you will coordinate, plan and conduct assembly process projects for parenteral combination products.
- One of your key tasks is to plan and execute early design feasibility work and design the evaluation/characterization of new technology platforms for Boehringer Ingelheim´s parenteral NBE portfolio.
- You develop test methods for the incoming goods inspection of technology platform components as well as assembly and packaging process controls using state-of-the-art test equipment.
- Furthermore, you will be responsible for the planning, execution and interpretation of process development activities for CPs. You will also ensure that the external process requirements for assembly and packaging are adequately implemented internally
- You support the organizational tasks of the laboratory manager in relation to the laboratory.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, Process Engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology or comparable qualification with long-term professional experience in an international environment
- Several years of experience in design and development of medical devices and/or combination products in either the pharmaceutical, medical device or biotech industry. Experience in design evaluation and ideally verification is required
- Sound knowledge in risk management, especially Process-FMEAs
- Familiar with regulatory requirements for the development of CPs including packaging & labelling.
- Experience in design evaluation and testing from early concepts to design verification and validation of clinical and commercial CPs
- Strong analytical thinking as well as team and networking spirit
- Good compatibility of work and private life
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Personal Mentoring in onboarding
Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
ContactFor further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Verena Geiger, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-175092.
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.