Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Scientist - (China Coordination) Upstream DevelopmentGermany
JOB ID: 198217
JOB LEVEL: Experienced
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Biopharmaceuticals
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? Are you interested to work in an international environment and be a connector between our biopharmaceutical site in Biberach and Shanghai?Join us to drive technology and innovation within upstream development to strengthen the growth in our biopharmaceutical business.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You are responsible for the delivery of all upstream process development work packages and trouble shooting activities within development projects. It also includes required documentation for regulatory filings (INDs/BLAs) and reports to stakeholders (e.g. project teams, line management, international clients).
- Furthermore, you develop concepts (e.g. disposable platform coordination) within upstream development and align to related disciplines and sites in the BI-network e.g. BI-China
- You act as Principal Investigator for Technology Development projects, which includes the planning, execution and implementation of these projects as well as scientific supervision of students and/or technical staff.
- As Subject Matter Expert, you support and represent relevant scientific areas and drive decisions with regulatory authorities and with international internal and external partners.
- As team player, you contribute to laboratory team capability development and team collaborative spirit.
- PhD or Master’s degree e.g. in bioengineering, biotechnology or bioinformatics with first relevant work experience
- Strong technical and scientific expertise in upstream process development with mammalian cell processes
- Knowledge in digitalization approaches is a plus
- Project management and project coordination skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to influence without direct authority in multi-disciplinary Teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to respond to changing priorities and short lead times for multiple Tasks
- Very good oral communication skills in an international environment as well as sound technical writing and documentation competencies in English
- Good compatibility of work and private life
- Laundry Service
- Counselling services for all stages in life
- Car Pool platform
ContactFor further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Melanie Hensler, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-186083
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 198217