Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
Scientist - Early Stage Bioprocess DevelopmentGermany
Functional area:Research & Development
Are you looking for a challenging position that allows you to apply and further develop the knowledge and skills you have acquired in the pharmaceutical industry?
In your new role within the Bioprocess Development Biologicals department, you are part of the Early Stage Upstream team. This team is responsible for the development, up-scaling and characterization of economic and robust upstream processes. As Scientist, you are responsible for the delivery of upstream process development work packages within our assigned projects and give support to other project team members.
Tasks & responsibilities
- You are responsible for the management of complex bioprocess development projects with focus on innovative new biological medications from earliest process development to transfer for clinical trial manufacturing.
- Thanks to your expertise, you push our technology platform for robust biopharmaceutical manufacturing beyond the edge of current knowledge.
- You are the independent upstream project team member in interdisciplinary project teams.
- You take over the technical and organizational lead of cell culture project sub-teams including capacity planning and training.
- In your new role, you pass on scientific input to support targeted bioprocess development to meet predefined quality targets.
- You support rational bioprocess optimization, scale-up and transfer of processes.
- Additionally, you support early stage work packages, such as manufacturing clone selection and early material supplies.
- You take care of the project reporting and support in compiling documents required for fillings.
- PhD in Biotechnology, Bioprocess/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Biology with relevant industrial experience or Master degree in Biotechnology, Bioprocess/Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry or Biology with 5 years of relevant industrial experience
- Expert knowledge (2+ years) in upstream bioprocess engineering, ideally in mammalian cell culture (e.g. CHO) in stirred tank bioreactors
- Background in biopharmaceutical bioprocess development from vector generation to purification process
- Solid understanding of biology behind biopharmaceutical drugs (MoA) and drug substance analytical methods is beneficial
- A proactive and accurate work style and the ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent communication skills and social competence
- Fluency in spoken and written English is mandatory, German skills are beneficial
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Competitive salary plus bonus payments
- Counselling services for all stages in life
ContactFor further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Verena Freudenreich, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54 17 50 92
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.