Computational Biologist (signalling/metabolic pathways analysis)
You will work decipher signalling and metabolic pathways in the context of host-microbe interactions. Signalling pathways underlie many major responses in a cell, but a significant part of regulatory mechanisms related to human diseases and overproduction of industrially valuable compounds remain unclear. For example, defects in signalling network can lead to impaired immune defence in patients, leading to lower quality of life or increase in mortality rate. You should be familiar with signalling and metabolic mechanisms that have been well studied in the literature and be able to identify new mechanisms based on experiment results. It is also important to be able to advise about design of experiments for further validation upon analysis of gene and protein expression data.
- MSc/PhD degree in computational biology, bio(techno)logy or related field;
- Experience in analysing eukaryotic / prokaryotic gene and protein expression data as well as interpretation of their biological implications;
- Knowledge of common methods of functional genomics;
- Experience in validating signalling and/or metabolic regulation analysis results in collaboration with wet-lab scientists;
- Experience in supervising others in a project or collaborative work;
- Enthusiasm for communication with other scientists, clinicians, and also the lay public;
- Fluent English proficiency.
- A full time position
- A competitive salary
- Participation in advanced training
- Flexible working hours
- Work in a multicultural team with flat hierarchies
Please send your application including statement of interest, earliest possible starting date, CV and certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LifeGlimmer GmbH, Markelstr. 38, 12163 Berlin, www.lifeglimmer.com
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector
About LifeGlimmer GmbH
LifeGlimmer GmbH (LifeGlimmer) is a customer-oriented consulting and contract research company based in Berlin with the goal of providing the Biotechnological, Biomedical and Environmental Research Communities an efficient way to outsource Scientific Modelling and Computing needs. LifeGlimmer is a member of the large Industrial Platform Kluyver Centre for Industrial Fermentations, The...More about LifeGlimmer GmbH