Head of Laboratory - Combination Product Process Development (new technologies)Germany
Job ID: 1914706
Job Level: Experienced
Functional area: Research & Development
You hold a PhD or master´s degree in Bioengineering, Process Engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology or a comparable qualification? You are highly motivated and you would like to utilize your experience in the design and development of medical devices/combination products (CPs) and their related manufacturing processes?
If so, take the chance to become a Head of Laboratory within Combination Product & Process Development Group (CPPD) at BI and be responsible for leading a laboratory for Combination Product Process Engineering of new technologies.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role you lead a combination product process development laboratory for CPs within CPPD consisting of up to 4 process engineers and related scientists.
- You plan and execute early design feasibility work and design evaluation/characterization of new technology platforms for BI’s parenteral NBE portfolio.
- Furthermore, you develop test methods for technology platform components incoming inspections as well as assembly and packaging process related controls using state-of-the-art test equipment.
- You will also be responsible for the planning, execution and interpretation of process development activities for CPs.
- Moreover, you will ensure that the external process requirements for assembly and packaging are adequately implemented internally so they can later be passed on to the operational units.
- You represent the process development for CPs within the respective development subteams with a strong focus on the activities related to early stage design evaluation and late stage test method development.
- With your expertise, you will support the participation in the process development of relevant submission areas.
- PhD or master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, Process Engineering, Pharmaceutical Technology with several years of professional experience
- Several years’ experience in the design and development of medical devices and/or combination products in either the pharmaceutical, medical device or biotech industry
- In-depth experience with varios analytical test procedures such as AQL sample inspection or functional testing of parenteral drug-delivery devices and CPs
- First experiences with semi- and/or fully automated assembly
- Familiar with regulatory requirements for the development of CPs including packaging & labelling. Especially design and technology transfer experience would be beneficial
- Experience with design assessment and validation from early concepts to design verification and validation of clinical and commercial CPs
- Teamplayer with strong communicational skills
- Good compatibility of work and private life
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Healthy and well-balanced food in the canteens and for take away
- Health center with occupational medicine
Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
ContactFor further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs.Verena Geiger, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-175092.
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 1914706