Field Application Specialist
Field-Based Home Office in the area of Frankfurt/Main
About Silicon Biosystems
Silicon Biosystems (www.siliconbiosystems.com), a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of the Menarini Group, is committed to improving diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to human health by enabling analysis of important but rare cells associated with disease. Silicon Biosystems’ proprietary technology offers an unprecedented capability to study rare cells and determine the biological significance of distinct subpopulations of cells within a sample. The company’s products are protected by a robust portfolio of patents.
Application Specialist Cell Sorting
Silicon Biosystems has an exciting career opportunity for a Field Application Specialist with experience in cell biology (e.g. antibody-based staining of cells) and ideally also in single cell genomics and other molecular detection methods (e.g. Next Generation Sequencing, FACS sorting). As member of the Application Specialist Team, the successful individual will be located in a field-based home office in the area of Frankfurt/Main (Germany) and support customers in the use of our DEPArray technology. Our DEPArray system is based on a unique semiconductive technology, enabling the image-based, targeted isolation of single cells (e.g. circulating tumor cells) and cell populations (e.g. tumor cells from biopsies).
This role grants full support to customer base in order to maximize the use of the technology and to implement synergies between Silicon Biosystems developments and customers’ applications. This position will have a focus on the field application support of our customers in Europe. The successful candidate will run customer trainings for the sample preparation and use of our DEPArray system in house and on site.
- Application field support of our customers and distributors using our DEPArray technology: Sample preparation (e.g. dissociation of tumor cells, staining of cells with antibody-labeled dyes), analysis of microscopic cell images and signals, and operation of the DEPArray system for the isolation of cells.
- Design, organization and performance of evaluation and demonstration studies of the DEPArray system.
- Training of customers and distributors in sample preparation, use of the DEPArray system and data analysis.
- Demonstration of the DEPArray system to potential new customers.
- Customer trainings and system demonstration will be given at customers’ sites in the field and in our laboratory in Bologna/Italy.
- Development of applications for laboratory experiments and organization and condcution of training courses about biological processes for colleagues.
- Exchanging views with internal R&D team and Marketing with the aim of developing new application and gathering feedback from customers about our technology and applications.
- Degree (Bachelor or higher) in Biology, Biomedical Engineering or related field of life sciences.
- Experience in cell biology is a clear plus (e.g. staining of cells with fluorescence-labeled antibodies, microscopic image analysis) as well as experience in single cell genomics (e.g. FACS sorting, Next Generation Sequencing and/or other molecular detection methods).
- Strong ambitions to perform in a commercial environment. Biotech or Pharma experience is a plus but not required.
- Strong social competence and presentation skills for interaction with customers.
- Willingness to travel (>50% of working time, within Europe).
- Fluent in German and English (French is a plus).
The position is field-based in home office in the area of Frankfurt a. Main, Germany.
What we offer:
We offer attractive payment with tools and supply of work for home office including company car.
As a provider of a new technology which has the potential to cause a paradigm shift in the analysis of tumor heterogeneity, we offer an exciting position in a very stimulating small Biotech environment.
We also encourage candidates from academia with no industry experience to send an application.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector
About Silicon Biosystems
Silicon Biosystems, a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of the Menarini Group, is committed to improving diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to human health by enabling analysis of important but rare cells associated with disease. Silicon Biosystems’ proprietary technology offers an unprecedented capability to study rare cells and determine the biological significance of distinct...More about Silicon Biosystems