Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Post Doc - Polysorbate Analytics
Are you seeking for a new professional challenge with attractive prospects at a family-owned pharmaceutical company?
If so, we can offer you a great opportunity at our location in Biberach to deepen and advance your professional skills in a demanding field of work: As Postdoc, you are responsible for projects and work packages in the field of excipient analytics with a special focus on detergent and polysorbate analysis, thereby contributing to improve our patients’ health.
The position is limited for two years.
Note: To make it easy to find our job postings we use the customary title “post doc”. Of course, this posting is not only addressed to applicants directly after completing their doctorate but to all qualified candidates.
Tasks & responsibilities
- With your postdoctoral expertise, you will contribute significantly to the optimization and development of second-generation analytical tools for surfactants and other excipients within the Characterization and Technologies group.
- One of your key tasks are to identify, evaluate and implement new analytical technologies for quantitation and characterization of polysorbates in biopharmaceutical formulations in order to support development activities as well as release and stability testing and characterization of investigational medicinal products.
- Your tasks also include management and interpretation of data as well as evaluation of existing analytical capabilities for alternative surfactants.
- Furthermore, you actively support method development and optimization within BI and at external contract laboratories and provide scientific and conceptual input.
- The role includes close collaboration with various employees within the Analytical Development Biologicals and related functional areas.
- PhD degree in chemistry, biochemistry or a related relevant discipline
- Experience in excipient analytics, e.g. with HPLC-based assay principles and various detection settings (e.g. ELSD, CAD, MS-based detection)
- Capability to implement new technologies in a collaborative work environment, e.g. by interaction with technically experienced staff
- Background and hands-on experience in surfactant chemistry with a focus on polysorbate and alternative detergents.
- Organizational talent, the ability to respond to changing priorities as well as short lead times for multiple tasks, ability to identify problems and work towards solutions
- Very good oral communication skills as well as sound technical writing and documentation competencies in English
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Healthy and well-balanced food in the canteens and for take away
- Personal Mentoring in onboarding
- Competitive salary plus bonus payments
ContactFor further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Verena Geiger, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-175092
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested.