AB Enzymes is a subsidiary of Associated British Foods PLC (London UK), reporting into the Associated British Foods Ingredients Division (Paris, France), and it is a leading company in the enzymes business operating from sites worldwide, with Head Office in Germany. Operating in the Biotechnology industry, we are a reliable partner for customers in the food, feed and technical enzymes businesses. Product excellence and innovation are among our key strengths and our customers value these highly. At all our locations globally, we offer attractive compensation packages and social benefits to our employees. For more information: visit us on our website.
We are looking for a…
Senior Research Scientist Biochemistry & Enzyme Engineering
As Senior Research Scientist Biochemistry & Enzyme Engineering, you will be part of an exciting international R&D and business environment, working with cutting edge technologies and a broad portfolio of diverse projects. This is a challenging senior position with a high level of independence, the opportunity for development, and an attractive compensation package.
- Play a key role in the biochemical characterization of our enzymes and the development of enzyme analytical assays
- Be responsible for building and strengthening our protein engineering and high throughput screening expertise in Darmstadt
- Report directly to the Head of Enzyme Biochemistry and as such have the opportunity to actively help shape the Biochemistry discipline
- Support building and optimizing the R&D infrastructure for our growing team
- Continue to combine the lab-bench with actively coaching members of the team
- Manage complex cross-functional R&D projects; true team player, leading by example
- You will be based in Germany and will interface with global R&D teams located in Germany and in Finland, as well as other disciplines (Application, Production, Business)
As an ideal candidate, you bring:
- A scientific education and degree (PhD) and a proven track record in biochemistry and enzyme engineering
- A passion for both Science and the application thereof to develop new innovative enzyme solutions for customers
- A hands-on attitude combined with a drive for results
- Clear experience in the enzyme R&D field, either through prior industry or postdoc positions
- Experience in enzyme kinetics, development of analytical methods and high-throughput screening
- A deep understanding of protein structure-function relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and capabilities (fluent in English; written and spoken)
Do we have your attention?
Please submit your CV and application with salary expectations by latest May 31st, 2020. For more information, please contact email@example.com
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector