In late 2014, Definiens was acquired by MedImmune, a member of the AstraZeneca group, and operates as an independent company developing and offering Tissue Phenomics products and services to our pharmaceutical, biotech, and cancer center customers.
Definiens is headquartered in Munich, Germany and has a North American office in Carlsbad, California.
Senior Project Manager (m/f)to join our expanding Professional Services Organization in our Munich headquarters.
- Coordinate resources and to achieve the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget to the satisfaction of the customer
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders
- Work in close combination with the assigned lead consultant to ensure technical risk is managed and the expected solution quality delivered
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation as required by the Definiens QMS
- Contribute to the ongoing development of best practices and tools to improve overall project delivery efficiency of projects required to significant business growth plans
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a scientific or engineering discipline (Biology / Physics / Biotechnology / Informatics / Computer Science)
- Proven track record (5 years+) in project management in the bio-pharma, CRO or health care sectors, managing multiple projects with individual project values up to 1M€
- Experience managing projects within clinical development, clinical trials or CDx development a distinct advantage
- Working knowledge of image analysis solutions and digital imaging is advantageous
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and common project management tools
- PMP or similar project management methodology certification is a bonus
This is a challenging and rewarding position within a pioneering company that works with cutting edge technologies. We offer a modern, creative and international working environment with great colleagues and team spirit in the centre of Munich and excellent working conditions with ongoing professional development opportunities. For more information, please visit: www.definiens.com.