Manufacturing Execution System Expert - Production IT*
SCHOTT is a leading international technology group in the areas of specialty glass and glass-ceramics. The company has more than 130 years of outstanding development, materials and technology expertise and offers a broad portfolio of high-quality products and intelligent solutions. SCHOTT is an innovative enabler for many industries, including the home appliance, pharma, electronics, optics, life sciences, automotive and aviation industries. SCHOTT strives to play an important part of everyone’s life and is committed to innovation and sustainable success. The parent company, SCHOTT AG, has its headquarters in Mainz (Germany) and is solely owned by the Carl Zeiss Foundation. As a foundation company, SCHOTT assumes special responsibility for its employees, society and the environment.
Are you interested in working in the context of Industry 4.0 / Smart Factory with a high level of responsibility? You want to actively promote digitization in our worldwide manufacturing operations and contribute to Smart Manufacturing at SCHOTT with modern Production IT solutions?
Then you are right with us!
To strengthen our newly established team Operational Technology 4.0 / Production IT we are looking for an innovative software consultant for the further development, customization and operation of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) as soon as possible. We welcome both experienced experts as well as committed young professionals at our plant in Mainz (DE) / Müllheim (DE) or Lukácsháza (HU).
- In cooperation with your colleagues in the manufacturing areas, you will take over an active role in the user support and further adoption of existing Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and introduction of MES in new locations
- You will act as key user or 2nd level support for SCHOTT internal MES users and coordinate support with MES provider
- You will create user stories and specifications, design test scenarios for user acceptance, create reports and interfaces based on UI Designer tools by yourself and manage their implementation by external partners
- You develop roadmaps for the transparent processing of future demands (changes, releases…) and support the conception of target architectures
- You take over or accompany the planning and implementation of corresponding projects
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a comparable education, ideally with a focus on Smart Manufacturing / Industry 4.0 or similar
- You have experience in system support or development of MES systems, ideally MES cronetwork
- You have technical knowhow in SQL databases (e.g. Postgres or MS SQL Server), network technology, virtualization and also in interfaces and protocols for machine communication (e.g. OPC UA, MQTT) or REST API
- You have experience in high-level language programming (Java, C#) or scripting
- Basic knowledge in agile project implementation (Scrum and Jira) and knowledge on GMP are beneficial
- You enjoy working in a team
You can expect interesting tasks and challenging projects, as well as motivated and friendly teams in fields that influence our future. Do you want to be successful with us? Then, please send us your application.
SCHOTT AG, Mainz Human Resources, Claudia Merten, +496131663260
*profile matters – gender doesn´t