Information Technology Coordinator (m/f/d)
The Stuttgart site of the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems (MPI-IS) is seeking an experienced IT professional to join our vibrant and rapidly expanding community. With over 400 employees on our Stuttgart and Tübingen campu-ses, MPI-IS is conducting cutting-edge research in the fields of micro- and nano-robotics, haptic interfaces, human-robot interaction, biorobotics, medical robotics, computer vision, controls, machine learning, and much more. In addition, our institute is a founding member of Cyber Valley, a research network of key players in the fields of artificial intelligence and robotics, including major industry partners.
The coordination, planning, oversight, and execution of professional IT services is fundamental to the success of our diverse research community. In this role, the new IT coordinator will closely cooperate with our existing IT groups in Stuttgart and Tübingen and prepare for the buildup of a new core group of IT employees on the Stuttgart campus. As the capabilities and expectations for IT services are continually evolving, the coordinator must have intimate knowledge of the field and directly participate in exploring, architecting, and implementing the services and systems that will keep our institute at the forefront of technology.
- Masters-level or higher degree in information technology, computer science, or a related field
- Significant hands-on experience with a variety of IT technologies
- Strong written and oral communication skills in both English and German, with fluency in at least one of these languages
- Ability to independently organize and lead a small group
- Positive attitude and a flexible, team-oriented approach to solving problems
DESIRED EXPERIENCEIdeal candidates will have hands-on experience in most of the following areas:
- Planning and deploying IT system architecture
- Solving complex problems
- Distributed account management
- Central server systems
- Networking protocols
- Security technologies and data privacy (DSGVO)
- License management
- Leveraging cloud services
OFFERSalaries will be based on experience according to TVöD guidelines. An initial contract will be offered for two years, and conversion to a permanent position is possible. This is a full-time job. The Max Planck Society seeks to increase the num-ber of women in areas where they are underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. We are also committed to employing more handicapped individuals and especially encourage them to apply.
For more information or questions about scientific and technical aspects of the position please contact Joey Burns at firstname.lastname@example.org. For other questions, please contact Ildikó Papp-Wiedmann at email@example.com.
APPLICATIONThe position is available at the earliest convenience and will be open until April 30, 2019.
To apply please follow this link:
APPLICATION MATERIALSInterested applicants should prepare and submit the following items:
- English cover letter
- German or English Curriculum Vitae
- Academic transcript(s)
- Contact information for two or more professional references
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector