Senior Project Leader (f/m/d) AutomationAs Senior Project Leader (f/m/d) Automation, you will work at our RDA competence center in Kornwestheim on development projects. In this role you will collaborate closely with the department of engineering (R&D), business, operations, other projects in the program and the program itself. This is an excellent opportunity to lead in a complex international matrix organization by successfully applying your project leadership, communication and stakeholder management skills. According to the principle »Without Diagnostics, Medicine is blind«
What does this position entails?
- You like the challenge of running your own small business by orchestrating a large project team (including external partners) and being accountable of a budget of CHF 10 Mio.
- You assume overall accountability for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, control and completion of the development of our new products.
- You manage external partners & vendors in project management related aspects.
- You ensure compliance with the project delivery dates in terms of scope, quality and budget.
- You will be part of a Project Leader Team (20 team members across 3 countries (Germany, Switzerland and Spain)), with the possibility to exchange and learn.
- With the newly introduced capability management, our development process will be adapted to a more agile approach. You can actively support this change.
- You enjoy collaborating with product management and your interdisciplinary team in order to find the best fit approach for your project.
- In your role as a matrix leader (not line manager), you lead employees in accordance with the Roche Leadership Principles.
- You build a powerful project team to achieve the desired results.
- In addition, you create focus and provide orientation in order to manage ambiguity and complexity successfully.
- You establish an inspiring and motivating work environment and develop their team further.
What else awaits you?
- Our R&D site is characterized by dynamism and agility. We have clear goals in mind and plenty of room for creativity thanks to our medium-sized company, but at the same time we have the security that the Roche Group gives us.
- RDA employees are asked to contribute courageous and unconventional ideas and thus actively shape the success of the company.
- We are passionate about our work and motivated by what we do: Doing now what patients need next
To be successful in this role you have:
- A completed degree in engineering, IT or similar.
- >10 years of industry experience (pharmaceutical, biotechnology or medical engineering)
- >5 years of experience in project management incl. team leadership
- A project management certification (e.g. IPMA, PMI, PRINCE2) and experience in working in an engineering organization (R&D).
- Proven experience in a highly regulated industry, e.g. In Vitro Diagnostics (IVD).
- Proven success for the implementation of several international projects.
- Flexibility due to business trips within and outside Europe (20%).
- Excellent command of English and ideally German.
Please upload your current CV, letter of motivation and relevant certificates/ references. Before sending your application, please note that no further documents can be added subsequently.
Contact person for applicants:
If you have any questions regarding the job ad, please contact Georg Zimmermann, Tel. +49 7151 959 22 642.
For technical questions, please contact our AskHR team at +49 621 759 3372.
What you should know before applying to Roche:
Click here to see which steps are necessary for an application.
You have applied - what happens next?
Click here for a brief insight into our recruiting process.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Roche is an equal opportunity employer.
Research & Development, Research & Development > Clinical Development