Technical Support Application Engineer (m/f/x)Date: Mar 25, 2020
State / Province: Baden-Württemberg
Job Type: Regular
Job ID: 36557
Job Function: Services and Support / Technical Support
Job DescriptionThe role is part of the KeysightCare Customer Support Organization, delivering post-sales customer support directly to key customers and strategic partners. We are looking for an experienced engineer who can demonstrate a broad knowledge of instrumentation, applications and technologies; who can coach and share their technical expertise to raise the technical capability across the EMEAI team.
As an RF application/product specialist, you will be seen as the ‘go to’ knowledge expert within KeysightCare and will engage with customer and partners across EMEAI to deliver post-sales customer support. You will work with the local KeysightCare team to structure and manage day to day operations, with the expectation the successful candidate will develop into a team leadership role. You will be a key contributor to the KeysightCare EMEAI regional strategy and will work across the KeysightCare to lead projects requiring coordination with other functions, customers, third parties. The successful candidate must demonstrate a real passion for customer success and enjoy taking on complex technical challenges working in a customer facing deep technical environment.
- Coach and share technical expertise across the EMEAI team.
- Be the knowledge expert within KeysightCare and engage with customers and partners across EMEAI to deliver post-sales customer support, solving technical questions of varied scope and complexity.
- Manage day to day operations and workload expectations, with expectation to develop into team leadership role.
- You will drive the implementation of KeysightCare post sales-support strategy in Germany.
- Key contributor to the KeysightCare regional strategy. Together with expert engineers across EMEAI, define a structured training model to address soft skills and technical competence across EMEAI team.
- Close cooperation with the Keysight product and software divisions. The technical support application engineer is the technical interface between the customers and the Keysight Worldwide support team.
- Take proactive actions while interacting with customers in terms of solving current questions or addressing potential future needs.
- Bachelor and/or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or science discipline.
- Typically, 8+ years relevant experience working in a RF technologies or related business.
- Requires in-depth technical knowledge and experience in job and ability to work independently.
- Solid understanding of the generation, demodulation and analysis of digital communication signals.
- Solid understanding of RF/MW fundamentals with practical experience using RF/MW test equipment.
- Advanced Scripting Programming skills using languages such as C++, C#, VEE, LabView, Python, MATLAB ® or VB, an advantage.
- Strong organisational skills, ability to multi-task, prioritise and work well under pressure.
- German language - written and oral communication essential. A strong level of English language required.
- Understands the local market, customer needs and dynamics, strong communicator who can positively interact with customers.
- Full driving license.
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 36557